Newbie Q...

ibol123ibol123 Club Members Posts: 1
I purchased a Turnigy 9XR Pro with the Turnigy 9X 2.4GHz 8Ch Receiver (V2) thinking this would work but after further reading I need a module for the 9XR Pro.

FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for JR w/ Telemetry Module & V8FR-II RX is always out-of-stock in the UK warehouse.

My question... are there other modules that would work with Turnigy 9X 2.4GHz 8Ch Receiver? If so, which would you recommend? I would like to be able to control at least 500m.

I've just started into this and not really needing anything complicated. My aim is:

- get a quad in the air

- upgrade to FPV

- control 2/3 axis gimbal

- possibly upgrade to Naza or similar in required

I don't want to have to upgrade transmitter at later stage.

With the above info... will be better of just returning the 9XR Pro and get something else that will be able to do the above?

Any other advice welcome.ibol1232016-01-14 19:09:42

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭
    You would be VERY hard pushed to find something better than the 9XR-Pro to be honest. And I don't even like the thing!

For the best reliability, go for the FrSky module and RX you mentioned above - and there are plenty of other places to get those from even here in the UK at only a little more than the HK International prices. I have used FrSky radio ever since starting this addictive hobby, and not once have I had a radio problem.

PM me your email and I shall let you know where.
  • DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    The OrangeRX module will work in conjunction with any of the Orangerx receivers. As for one that will work with the Turnigy one, you need a Flysky module - not an Frsky one - they're two different beasties.

If you visit fleabay and search for 'flysky module' there are a lot on offer
    Ah! Careful there! 'Most' of the FlySky modules on fleabay are V1 types and won't bind with the current HK V2 version receivers.
  • TheQuestorTheQuestor TXClub Members Posts: 629
    Spend the extra and get a FrSky Taranis. 16 Channels S.Bus [+8 channels PWM] if used with the X8R and 16 channels S.Bus [+ 3 channels PWM] if used with a X4R-SB of pure awesomeness. MUCH more Ergonomic than the 9XR/9XR-Pro unless you have Shrek hands. No need for extra modules, no need for anything except some time to learn how to program the thing
    There is that option of course. And if the OP has already had a go at programming his Pro, it will be an easy transition! But that leaves a 9XR-Pro paperweight to get rid of. And they are not fetching much £ on the used market ...

Mind you, I have TWO spare Taranis here going begging ... lol!!!
  • TheQuestorTheQuestor TXClub Members Posts: 629
    How does one end up with 2 "spare" Tarani? [is that plural for more than one Taranis? :)]TheQuestor2016-01-16 19:01:46
    Easy! I bought some extras! heh heh!

They are somewhat superfluous, as they are in addition to a 9X with all the addons, and another 9x with the new AR9X mainboard and a little modified Walkera Devo 7E, all of which will do what the Taranis will do ...

I am badly addicted to this hobby. That's my excuse, and I am sticking to it! LOL!!!!
  • DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    Sad really when you consider all the beer you could have bought image
    Or cigarettes ... lol!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file