Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC-3 Spinners

EndolfEndolf Club Members Posts: 3
I've got as far as testing my DC-3 on the ground, one of the prop spinners seems to have the thread cut at an angle and is very unbalanced. Which part is the appropriate replacement.

Thanks

Comments

• DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    Not knowing what size motor shaft, if you go to the main site and search for 'collet' something there should do.

That, of course, is presuming that it isn't the motor shaft itself that's bent
  • EndolfEndolf Club Members Posts: 3
    Just been on to HK support, they don't do replacement parts for the semi scale spinners.
  • DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    The Dak doesn't have spinners - just prop hubs so use one of the collets
  • SawdustSawdust Club Members Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to bother checking myself but there was a comment in the discussion section for the props that may help you.

"      

Hermy 12 points - 9/24/2015

If you only need to replace the center piece, then look at "Duraflyâ„¢* Messerschmitt Bf.110 - Replacement Scale Spinner". This is 100% identical to the one used in these props. At last my C-47 will fly again very soon. "
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭
    Not quite the right part there Sawdust. That part is actually the propeller hub - not the silver part that is in front of it (actually the constant speed gearing cover on the real animal) HK have no spares for the bit in question, and finding something 'exactly' the same to do the job may well be difficult.

WTWUK2015-12-15 20:18:52
    I just had a look, you're absolutely right. You'd think they could throw one correct spinner in with each set of them since it's closely related to that part and is a unique animal.
  • I think this was over looked. I'll see what i can do.

Ian
    image Ian.
  • Something cool gets launched today for all you plane fans.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file