9XR Pro FrSky DJT Module Binding to 9X8C v2 Recei

DonaldHillDonaldHill Club Members Posts: 10
Hi everyone. This has possibly been answered somewhere and I have looked so I apologize in advance.

I have just purchased a 9XR Pro and a FrSky DJT module. I did this after asking Hk's advice as to whether this module would work with my older 9X8C v2 receivers. The answer was a definite yes so it arrived. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them to bind. Has anyone done this and how? I wouldn't bother except I have 14 models using them.

Ive a couple of other questions that Ill create new topics for.

PS. Have the answer from HK saved so they really did say it would work!!!

Comments

• SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    Nope!

FrSky modules only work with FrSky receivers. FrSky receivers are cheap as chips and super reliable. You have choice of telemetry or non-telemetry and there is a good range of sensors available.

"PS. Have the answer from HK saved so they really did say it would work!!! "

"they" are on-line chat operators working from the Phillipines and wouldn't know the difference between a 9XR and an MXR.

• DonaldHillDonaldHill Club Members Posts: 10
    what a bugger. I suppose the Turnegy CSSS without an aerial will work? Do you know

• SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    "Turnegy CSSS"????
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭
    The Turnigy DSSS (not CSSS - no such animal) module that that utilises the antenna inside the 9X-R Pro will work with the receivers you have.

FYI, if you do happen to want to use the FrSky module (I do and NEVER have had one, single radio link problem in 6 years of using the stuff) there is now a superb 'aftermarket' 8 channel FrSky compatible receiver that has telemetry capability as well. Runs on open source firmware and new features seem to be added rapidly! It is also VERY cheap!

Receiver is the DIY RX-F802. Comes up top on Google.

Edit: There are actually TWO aftermarket receivers - one is even cheaper than the RX-F802! The RX-F801! Both 8 channel too!

Link to RCG page with all info about these RX'sWTWUK2015-11-15 08:54:22
  • DonaldHillDonaldHill Club Members Posts: 10
    Hey sorry about that wrote my reply in a rush. DSSS I didn't mean CSSS. Ill go and look at these receivers very much appreciated
  • gryzli133gryzli133 Club Members Posts: 4
    I have the same problem, I was using Turnigy 9X with DSSS module. Have many airplanes with 9X8Cv2 reciver. Now I'm going to order Taranis 9XD plus radio for FPV models. For FPV models I will buy new reciver from FRSky. But for the old small range planes I would like to keep the old turnigy/FlySky recivers. It is possible to use Taranis with 2 modules - one original and one for old recivers parallel? What module do I need?

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭
    Google: 2.4G CC2500 A7105 Flysky Frsky Devo DSM2 Multiprotocol TX Module With Antenna

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file