Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trainstar tough model

JohnFMJohnFM Club Members Posts: 27
Anyone know much about this plane?

I can't seem to bring up anything here with a search.

Just bought one because I liked the size and looks.

I bought the PNP version, which is not for a new builder, LOL!

Glad I've built planes for a lot of years.

Assembly manual is pretty much a joke and the bags and bags of hardware were a mess. Lots of trial fitting to find the right screws etc.

Anyway it does seem to be pretty nice even if it is going together pretty slow.

Do have a few questions though.

One servo in the fuse is much bigger than a standard 9 gram. On mine it operates the elevator, I'd think if one servo needed to be bigger it would operate the rudder since it also has a link going to the steerable tail wheel, make sense?

Elevator also had pads on both sides for mounting horns, possibly for adding a cross bar to apply force to both sides of the elevator?

I wasn't going to install flaps right away, but the weather is so bad I think I'll go ahead and do it. Using a couple Turnigy 50090M servos I have on hand and think I'll program in 3 position operation.

As I near completion I've had to dig into my spare parts bins because of shortage of some correct fasteners, but really no big deal except for the time.

Planes going to carry over sized wheels for my rough field operation so no wheel pants, good thing because they sent me 2 left hand ones, :).

I'm going to fab up some wing struts to make it more scale appearing and I think I'll finish off the whole plane in a polished aluminum look, the supplied red and black decals should look good on that.

Going to use an RX3S receiver since I have an extra on hand.

I'd like to hear some comments from any others who have build and flown this plane.

Comments

• JohnFMJohnFM Club Members Posts: 27
    Hmm. well I was hoping to see a little discussion of what seems to be a pretty nice plane. Guess not.
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭
    ??? Maybe there has been no-one online that has one to comment on it?

Patience is a virtue ...

And "Glad I've built planes for a lot of years." That being the case, everything about that model should be childsplay to you!
    Could be. HK is just a reseller of this thing.

Was Lanyu, now called Volanex I guess.

I think one thing puts people off planes like this is difficulty of getting parts. I've been doing some looking around, I think you could sub some stuff.

Final fit up of all the parts was pretty good, but time consuming.

But, then back in my days of all balsa and tissue, I could spend months building one.
    "And "Glad I've built planes for a lot of years." That being the case, everything about that model should be childsplay to you!"

I still have a hard time dealing with all this foam and plastic. :)
  • DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    Foam is what you get on top of your beer and plastic is what airlines serve your beer in image
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭
    heh heh Daithi!

Still don't really care for this foam, but this one turned out pretty nice.

Hmm, guess I don't understand the image posting stuff here. :(

Well, there it is. Sort of. Haven't used Photo Bucket for ages, so I don't know what's going on with it.JohnFM2015-11-22 03:16:24
  • DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    It's a bit complicated John. Basically you have to go to your account settings on the main site, click on the community/media tab at the left, then 'manage' your photo album. Upload the pic, copy the link, then in here go to full edit (the angled arrow icon, second from the right), click the icon of a tree and paste the link in that.

(it doesn't always work though)
  • swervynswervyn Club Members Posts: 1,313
    "It's a bit complicated John"

That's a bit of an understatement Daithi lolol
  • jstremmlerjstremmler Germany&U.S.A.Club Members Posts: 436
    Think, we should leave packing material where it belongs to!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file