Model for .10

MarkphMarkph Club Members Posts: 54
I have aquired a model that had a OS .10 in it. I have taken it out of there as I am going to convert that to electric.

Do Hobbyking have a model that I could put this OS .10 in? I want to get some fun out of it! I don't really mind what kind of model it is, as long as it has wings!

Comments

• DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    A lot depends on which one you have - the LA series was a bit anaemic but the FP is more powerful. Reckon on any model about 30" for the LA up to 48" for the FP (or any design for a 1.5cc engine)
  • MarkphMarkph Club Members Posts: 54
    I have just checked. It appears to be an FP.

On one side it says "OS Max 10" on the either side it says "FP" and is it an I under it?

I know this model is intended for electric, but would this model be suited to that engine?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__31118__Extra_300_Balsa_944mm_ARF_UK_Warehouse_.html
    Personally I'd go to outerzone and download and print out one of their plans (anything for a 1.5cc would do as 0.10 cu in is just a shade about the .09/1.5 value)

The problem with converting an electric to IC is that you need to make firewalls, engine bearers and so on (plus a bay for the fuel tank) and it's not as simple and straightforward as doing it the other way round (converting to electric)
  • kangakanga Club Members Posts: 509

The Mini stick might be suitable with a few minor mods ?

Mini stickkanga2015-04-20 05:21:42
    It's a bit small at 580 mm for a 1.5cc engine. I'd reckon more something like this sizefor the OS (about 790 mm span)

Don't forget that for IC power the front end needs beefed up quite a bit - extra plywood formers to support the engine bearers and there's a lot more weight in the noseDaithi2015-04-20 06:16:15
  • airwaveairwave Club Members Posts: 3,563
    I would have to say no or not many from HK.there are a lot of good .10 airframes out there but HK has a very small selection.best to look at other shops that may have what you wish for, or build one you like.
  • kangakanga Club Members Posts: 509
    Yeah for a 1,5cc a 15 os but a 10 is what he has I thought .. a 15 is small but 10 is alot smaller that a 15 . So indeed it will be hard to find something just right unless you are prepared to build from a plan like Daithi suggested .

kanga2015-04-20 08:35:42
    0.09 cu in is 1.5cc so a 0.10 would be round 1.6 (near enough really)

a .15 cu in is 2.5cc

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file