Advice for Teksumo setup

t_mant_man Club Members Posts: 3
Hey everyone,

I'm interested in buying the Teksumo wing from Hobbyking. I already have the Turnigy 9x and receiver.

Here is my planned setup:

D2822/14 Brushless Outrunner 1450kv

Afro ESC 20 Amp (for multi-roders is this okay?)

Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack

HKSCM9-6 Singlechip Digital Micro Servo (6V) 10g / 1.6kg / 0.07s

TGS Sport 7x4.5E Precision propeller

How does this look? Keep in mind I am fairly new at this. Is there anything else I need?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• t_mant_man Club Members Posts: 3
    Oh almost forgot: I want to eventually use this for FPV. Does this setup have enough power for that?
  • SawdustSawdust Club Members Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭
    It sounds heavy with a 2200mah 3S battery, your choice though. You did see that they recommend "800mAh~1000mAh 3s" didn't you. Admittedly I use a bigger battery in mine, a 1300mah high C one but then I use mine as a combat wing and have an insane motor on it. they have huge control surfaces and are extremely agile and responsive, not ideal if you haven't got a fair bit of experience but a hell of a lot of fun if you have. Not what I'd call a good choice for FPV either. Something like THIS PHANTOM would be much better for that.

If you're still going with the Teksumo I think your motor should be fine, you may have to carve a bit of foam at the back so the prop doesn't hit it but that's nothing major. you need a speed controller with a BEC and I like at least 3 amps so forget the afro. As I mentioned, it has big control surfaces so torque is important with the servos, not so much super speed. THESE are the servos I have in mine. My personal choice with your motor and those servos would be THIS speed controller, yours was marginal for amps too.
  • t_mant_man Club Members Posts: 3
    Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the help!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file