Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OrangeRX T-Six Transmitter - Ailerons Not Working

melchiondamelchionda Club Members Posts: 2
Hi guys

A little over a year ago I purchased an OrangeRx T-Six transmitter for some builds I was doing. Last week I finally got to the point where I was ready to use it.

Note that this is the last generationOrange RX Tx... its the one with the two position flap switch as opposed to the three position flap switch

I'm using:

OrangeRx T-SIX 2.4GHz DSM2 Comp. 6CH Programmable Transmitter w/10 Model Memory (Mode 2)

- I have this set up with Duailerons

OrangeRx R615 DSM2 Compatible 6Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver

TURNIGY Plush 40amp Speed Controller

Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack

HURC 300 'Blue Wonder' 1600kv Brushless Motor

When I initially set this up everything seemed to work as expected, Ailerons, Elevator, Throttle, Flaps... all working as programed.

Then after about a day or so the Ailerons stopped responding or responded very slowly to stick inputs

Strangely though... flipping the Flaps switch deploys the Flaps instantly. (The flaps are the Ailerons both posiitioned down at 40%)

(I think this proves that the Aileron servos work... and probably also that the receiver aileron socket works.

To try to isolate the problem further I switched the Servo wires between the elevator and Aileron sockets on the receiver...The result was that anything that was plugged into the Aileron slot was non responsive... but when the aileron servo was plugged into the elevator socket it was responsive.

(Once again.. looks like the Aileron servos are fine).

I changed the receiver to a Spektrum receiver and got the same results.

I changed the Speed controller and got the same results.

So I'm thinking this has something to do with my transmitter. Is it possible that my transmitter is not able to see or communicate signals on the "Aileron channel".

I don't have access to another transmitter so I cant switch that out.

Any ideas?melchionda2015-01-19 08:02:53

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭
    Could well be a faulty Aileron stick potentiometer.

I have had a similar problem with a Turnigy 9X transmitter, when its throttle channel behaved as your aileron channel is doing. Fortunately I managed a fix by whipping the back cover off and detecting a tiny bit of rotation of the potentiometer casing that was then fixed with some hot glue.

It may well be worth you having a look at yours to see if it is that same situation.
  • melchiondamelchionda Club Members Posts: 2
    Thanks for that idea... That was actually the problem. I opened up the Tx and found that the wire connecting the Joystick controller to the circuit board was not plugged in all the way. It actually just fell out right in my hand. I plugged in it properly and now it works fine. They must have not plugged it in all the way at the factory. I'm a bit upset that I spend over $100 and several frustrating days trying to find the source of this problem.
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭
    Ideal. How did you spend $100 to find out what the problem was?
  • Joseph3LKJoseph3LK Club Members Posts: 11
    i'm experiencing the same issue with my orange t-six

did a google search and this thread came up as a search result so that's a good thing

symptoms:

the signal gets stuck at high/low

the signal will slowly craw it's way back to the mid point

the signal will not respond at all (e.g. push stick right / left and it doesn't do anything)
  • wwmoggywwmoggy Club Members Posts: 1
    I was having a similar problem but Jittery servos and oone servo not moving with elevator looked here open thensmitter and spotted the red wire for the servo pot had broken off. there was limted play in the cable for it . freed up the cable a bit and resoldered the wire all is great now

Thanks guys   working great now
This discussion has been closed.