Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stinson Reliant

plutopluto Club Members Posts: 89
What happened to the Stinson Reliant scale airplane?   Looks a treat, but vanished a day after appearing in the international warehouse.

Comments

• DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    It's only listed in the EU warehouse and stock levels are zero - it's possible it has been discontinued
  • plutopluto Club Members Posts: 89
    There were 10+ available at he international warehoiuse 2 days ago.    They looked sweet!
  • SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,107 ✭✭✭
    "They looked sweet!"

That is why there are none left. image
  • jstremmlerjstremmler Germany&U.S.A.Club Members Posts: 436
    You can still watch the video of the red and white scheme of the Stinson SR-9 on youtube:

As I found out the "New Stinson" is a completely different plane than the one in the European Warehouse. You can find a manual, beautiful pictures and spare parts for this new model at redwingrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_9&products_id=80.

Have a look at the manual and see that not only the position lights are different to the one in the European Warehouse.

Although I was lucky and immediately bought one with the red and white scheme(which is now shipped to Germany) I hope for other customers, that the "New Stinson Reliant SR-9" will appear very soon in the Global Warehouse again.jstremmler2014-01-21 21:21:23
    I Just received my Stinson Reliant SR9 (red/white scheme) from the customs. So far I found only two deficiencies:

1. the doors don't fit well and need some extra work to fit

2. under one wing there was a cut in the foil (2cm). But as this was on a balsa sheeted part I could fix it with some glue.

Rest seems to be ok!

But be aware not to throw away the carbon stab tube and the carbon wing tube when unboxing the plane. Both tubes are fixed with two strips under the inner cover in the box....

So I don't know why HK's inventory even doesn't show this plane as being on backorder. Maybe it's already a "liquidation item".
    For all of you desperately searching the holes in the wings for the "Strong White Light" (Forwarder), it is 295 mm away from the fuselage.

Best option to look for it, is to look in the wing while same time positioning a torch at the front side of the wing.

But I still have no idea, where to position the Top Lightbecause in the manual you will find no picture for the installation.

Juergenjstremmler2014-02-03 00:20:38
  • StarflightStarflight Club Members Posts: 5
    Just received my Stinson SR9 small hole in fuselage covering this may be due to this package going backwards and forwards in the post must have travelled half way round the world!!! Have you had any luck finding the location of the red lights yet and what size engine are you going to install?
    To find the location for the red and the green LED is easy.

For the wire of both LED's there is a small carbon tube implemented in each side of the wing. Just push a piano wire gently through this carbon tube and when looking at the outside of the wing tip you will see where it hits the covering and where the location for the LED is.

As an engine I have installed a 26cc gasser in my Stinson. I just have to adapt the canister to the fuselage and in follow up the cowl, adjust the CG and then my Stinson SR-9 is ready for maiden flight....
    So my Stinson Reliant is "almost" ready. One HK-servo died during final adjustments and I have just ordered three new ones at the European Warehouse.

Second: Even having installed a 26cc gas engine the CG is by far too much in the back. To adjust it I have to install 2 2S1P LiFePO4 batteries at and a NiMh battery for the ignition directly at the firewall or inside the cowl.

And even then I will need additionally 800g lead directly positioned at the engine!

So my recommendation for all of you would be to install both servos for elevation in front of the plane and not in the back. This especially applies when flying with an electric motor.

You can copy the link and open it your browser to see a picture of the plane:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B2111A2DDC79FA4!2264&authkey=!AIneI5xqGW3VznI&v=3&ithint=photo,.jpg

jstremmler2014-02-23 20:43:46
    Looks good!
    Here is a picture from my Stinson SR9. I still have to add some lead to adjust the CG (will start with 94 mm from the leading edge of the wing)

Juergenjstremmler2014-03-01 02:06:23
    Balancing the model with 2 scales. I had to add 250g of lead right at the engine. The total weight excluding gas ( have added a 550ml fuel tank) is now 6.4 kg:

imagejstremmler2014-03-01 17:46:12
    Where did you get the three blade prop from? make and size?
    I purchased the 3 blade Biela (= make) airscrew from Lindinger in Austria.

I don't know whether HK allows a link to a competitor in their forum but I give it a trial:

http://shop.lindinger.at/product_info.php?cPath=1679_1690_1694&products_id=55755

This is a 16* 10 3 blade airscrew.

best wishes

Juergen jstremmler2014-03-18 00:27:35
    Thanks Juergen.
  • Slamn SAMMYSlamn SAMMY Club Members Posts: 31
    My wife just ordered me one for my birthday from HK east. We live where that warehouse in Arkansas. Most of the time when l order stuff from there, l will get it in one or two days. She ordered it Friday, so l may get it Monday or Tuesday        (l HOPE). Ordered the Yellow and Blue one. did not see anything about lights? That would be cool! l have a 3W 24cc gas, HomeLite 25cc gas, HK RCG 26cc gas, G23cc gas. Which one should l use??
    These are different planes from different vendors. The red and white Stinson (the one with the LED's) you can order only from HK's international warehouse :

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__45236__Stinson_SR_9_30CC_Balsa_2180mm_ARF_.html

This white/red Stinson has a wingspan of 2180 mm and comes with LED lights and ladders!

The yellow/ blue version you can order from different warehouses :

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__44760__HobbyKing_8482_Stinson_Reliant_Scale_Balsa_2160mm_ARF_.html

It has a wingspan of 2160 mm and comes without LED lights and without ladders

Actually both planes are on sale!

I would install the 3W or the RCGF 26cc engine...

Juergenjstremmler2015-07-21 19:37:33
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭
    Lovely looking model it has to be said ...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file