Suggestions for a beginner based on battery size

1ruffryder1ruffryder Club Members Posts: 2
Hi guys. I've currently be flying helis and have a ton of 3s 1800-2200 mah batteries. I'd like to find a decent plane to learn on that can use these. Any suggestions for a plane Pnf or rtf that would be suitable?

Comments

• KaosKaneKaosKane Club Members Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭
    most of the Durafly range use this battery they have their own catagory Hth
  • DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    Personally I'd advise against the Durafly range in this case. As a beginner to fixed wing flying, scale models are less than ideal for learning.

I'd recommend the AXN in this case for training purposes (and it can do a lot more as you progress)
  • klaw81klaw81 QueenslandClub Members Posts: 580
    Bixler, Bixler 2 or AXN Floater jet would be my recommendations. All are easy to fly, but can be made more interesting (aerobatic) without too much trouble once you're done with the basics.
  • fly or diefly or die Club Members Posts: 65
    If you can fly a heli you already got the basics of flight i would suggest the 1100mm hellcat its a warbird but very robust can take a beating and fly like a dream you will get 5 to 6 mins with 3 cell 2200
  • 1ruffryder1ruffryder Club Members Posts: 2
    Thanx for the help. Is it as easy as it seems in the sim? I can fly and land very well on the sim. Just wondering how close it is
  • fly or diefly or die Club Members Posts: 65
    the sim is a good start practise with a landing with lots of wind on your sim 90 percent of your flight will be in wind

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file