Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gyro in fixed wing

kenggkengg Club Members Posts: 17
Has any one toyed with gyro in fixed wing aircraft

Comments

• airwaveairwave Club Members Posts: 3,563
    Turnigy TG-380 Aeroplane Gyro.they had this at one time it is the only one i have played with,can't find it now??there is a gye on RCU that uses some type in high alpha flight.??

maybe this oneairwave2012-05-30 08:37:26
  • __BB-Q__BB-Q Club Members Posts: 992
    I haven't done it myself yet, but it's commonplace on the ailerons with turbine fliers.

I'm told also that there are a fair few scale models on the competition circuit that have gyros hidden within them.__BB-Q2012-05-30 14:53:06
  • dodgemcopterdodgemcopter OrstwalyaClub Members Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Yes and they are easy to instal, they take unwanted movement out like wind and help normally hard to control surfaces like the tails on the Vampire etc. What they won't do is remove shaky stick syndrome and allow you to fly hands free image you could say it helps eliminate "corrective" flying. ANY gyro will work (HK cheapo works great), pick a surface (ail, elev, rudd) and connect it in line. You can use the pot on the gyro itself or plug the HH wire in your gear channel and use travel adj to set sensitivity (30% is a good start). The trickiest part is ensuring the gyro is operating the correct axis....point the nose down and the elevator should go up.
  • kenggkengg Club Members Posts: 17
    thanks dodgemcopter, I'l give it a go

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file