Converting Nitro .46 to Electric

hardfourteenhardfourteen Club Members Posts: 52
New to this forum so I apologize if this questions is in the wrong place.  If so, where should I put it.
I have a .46 Glo powered 5 pound Trainer/sport plane which I am considering switching to Electric.  So far I think I would use:

Turnigy G46 Brushless outrunner and Turnigy 60 amp speed controller. Would these be suitable.

Also suggested battery please - range in 4/5 s is so great I haven't any idea which would do.

Finally can you suggest an appropriate motor mount and anything else I may have overlooked.

THANKS for your assistance.

Dave

Comments

• ComstechComstech Club Members Posts: 1
    They are out stock but a TURNIGY SK 5055-580kv with 60amp speedy 5s 4000 or 4500 batt and a 12 x 8 prop would be ok

Or the G46 with the same specs
  • First of welcome Dave.

have a look, read around get to know the forum, it's really good -we got it all, and if you feel you miss something/somewhere to post Just ask.

A good way of finding a stop to post, would be asking What do i need an answer to, Plane/Boat/Heli (found under Product specific). Your will get helped by other fellow member and modelers. A misplaced question might not be seen, or answered.

And often questions asked the "right" place, gets answered really quick, some times minutes later.

Take some time, to read around the forum, get to know it.

-Troels

moving your post to a more fitting area of the forum, where more people will see it.
  • starhopperstarhopper Club Members Posts: 2
    @BlindVision

Excuse me, but the gentleman DID "just ask" and they were well presented questions, pertaining to a specific subject. And what kind of cookie-cutter, non-germane answer was THAT?!? "Take some time, read around the forum, get to know it" would have ABSOLUTELY N-O-T-H-I-N-G to do with finding the answers to his specific questions. If you've "got it all", then why didn't you effectively utilize your time and the space to ANSWER HIS QUESTIONS?!?   

It appears to me your response is more to propagandize the forum and possibly your position, but it is NO help, doesn't even BEGIN to address the valid questions posed, and in my opinion, are an almost complete waste of web space and readers' time!

• DaithiDaithi Belfast,IrelandClub Members Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭
    Actually he asked it over four YEARS ago. image

I think your comment could be ever so slightly out of date image
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭
    Maybe starhopper was out of the universe for those years?
  • SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    Starhopper could probably do with similar welcome and advice from an Admin.

Probably best if he returns to the Red Star - his face image won't be so noticeable there when viewed from a distance. image   Sooty2015-10-03 15:35:52
  • SawdustSawdust Club Members Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭
    These are starhopper's very first words on this forum a few years ago in another topic HERE , "This thread's closest thing I've seen to anything about the 9X so here we go:"

Really! He couldn't find anything else about the 9X ??????????

It seems the kind welcome and good advice Blind Vision gave to hardfourteen way back then were custom made for this arrogant little twerp, minus the welcome of course for starflopper, he certainly doesn't deserve that sort of courtesy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file