Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter Question?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
paul1972 View Drop Down
Gold  (AT)
USERID: 491134

Online Status: Offline
  Quote paul1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/Apr/2010 at 6:53am
http://www.megarc.com/flysky-fsth9x-24g-9ch-system-tx-rx-p-379.html  

my transmitter.

Edited by paul1972 - 21/Apr/2010 at 6:54am
rcmodelreviews. View Drop Down
Platinum  (NZ)
USERID: 4042
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote rcmodelreviews. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/Apr/2010 at 7:41am
Originally posted by paul1972

jea okay!the question was?what for a modul is good for my transmitter or is the original FS modul good.i become my transmitter in 2 weeks :-(  !

The standard FlySky 2.4GHz transmitter and module is reviewed here

One disadvantage of the FlySky 2.4 module is that there is no failsafe and they don't have as much range as many of the other 2.4GHz module-based systems  on the market.  They are also only a single-frequency, non-agile 2.4GHz system which means they are more susceptible to interference if there are strong signals around on the same part of the band that the system happens to use.

Reviews of other module-based 2.4GHz systems can be found here.

Note that I'll be reviewing the new (allegedly better) Version 3 of the FlyDream 2.4Ghz system this week as well.

Ultimately the choice as to which is "best" for you depends on a number of factors such as how much you've got to spend, how important the range of receiver sizes is, whether you need failsafe, how much interference is in the area you fly etc.

FusionTiger View Drop Down
Platinum  (SG)
USERID: 191700
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote FusionTiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/Apr/2010 at 7:54am
Originally posted by bigdaddy1962

ive just ordered turnigy  with the assan.... the corona is too buggy and full of glitches !!!! servo twitches etc

Had no problems with my Corona (DIY kit). Smooth and decently precise.

I suppose it is an old problem which was resolved or perhaps it could be a QC issue amoung different batches.
paul1972 View Drop Down
Gold  (AT)
USERID: 491134

Quote paul1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/Apr/2010 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by rcmodelreviews.

jea okay!the question was?what for a modul is good for my transmitter or is the original FS modul good.i become my transmitter in 2 weeks :-(  !

One disadvantage of the FlySky 2.4 module is that there is no failsafe and they don't have as much range as many of the other 2.4GHz module-based systems  on the market.  They are also only a single-frequency, non-agile 2.4GHz system which means they are more susceptible to interference if there are strong signals around on the same part of the band that the system happens to use.

Note that I'll be reviewing the new (allegedly better) Version 3 of the FlyDream 2.4Ghz system this week as well.

Ultimately the choice as to which is "best" for you depends on a number of factors such as how much you've got to spend, how important the range of receiver sizes is, whether you need failsafe, how much interference is in the area you fly etc.

oh thx!
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7380&Product_Name=Corona_2.4Ghz_JR_Module_&_Rx_%28V2_DSSS%29
I hope the corona v2 system suitable for my transmitter and hope the JR works

BOOF_16 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 459226

Quote BOOF_16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Apr/2010 at 1:05pm

Does this have trainer on it?

and if so would the cable fit a DX5e or a JR radio?

CHeers CaM
Guizmo12 View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 149888

Quote Guizmo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2010 at 2:01am
Yes, it's a mono audio 3.5mm jack
NoelD View Drop Down
Platinum  (IE)
USERID: 576222

Quote NoelD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Jan/2011 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Merlon

Originally posted by hubben

Another question regarding this Tx:

It has the 35MHz antenna, does it have a built in non 2,4GHz tx? Or is the antenna just there for show?

There's no built in RF board. You can however use the 35MHz antenna if you install a 35MHz module. Just note that not all modules work out of the box as the 9X has some funky pin-outs. (see below)

Also, I've read the manual. When you configure trainer settings, can I configure which channels the trainer will control, so I can use this with a headtracker for fpv? Say I want the HT to control channels 7+8 and the rest of the channels I want my radio to control? 

Yes, you can select which channels are assigned to the trainerport while retaining control of the remainder on the master box. It's for instance possible to control throttle on one box with the rest on a trainer box.

If I buy turnigy 9x can I use JR 9X II pll synthesized rf
tx module with this turnigy.

Maybe, though unlikely without modification. The below image is that of a regular JR radio module, the Turnigy 9X has pin 4 shorted to ground rather than providing 6V. 

(note that when viewed from the back of the transmitter this image is upside-down)

Since synthmodules are likely to use the 6V pin you'll need to separate it from ground (a hobbyknife works well) and hook up a 6V regulator to it for your module to work. A simple UBEC does the trick:

Hi if this mod is made will the 2.4ghz module still work or does a switch need to be made to turn off the 6v? Thanks.
ferdous View Drop Down
Platinum  (BD)
USERID: 705108

Quote ferdous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Feb/2011 at 3:40pm
hello i want to use my tx for simulator. how to do that? any help pls?
jcer93705 View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 178498
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote jcer93705 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Feb/2011 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by rcmodelreviews.

Sir for this radio what module is best? And i'm on a budget futaba is to high. Do you have this radio? 
Tom R. View Drop Down
Gold  (US)
USERID: 192514

Quote Tom R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Mar/2011 at 3:38am
What is the difference between mode 1 and mode 2 ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>