Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fathead431 View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 97412
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Online Status: Offline
  Quote fathead431 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Oct/2010 at 1:08am
nice! will take some pics of my techone when i get back tomorrow night!
Fugitive_Bill View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 55382
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Fugitive_Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Oct/2010 at 1:35am
Originally posted by Jason5001

Originally posted by AmmoJammo

so, did anyone actually get anything that REQUIRED ems shipping?

or were we just slugged stupid postage costs for no reason whatsoever?
Most people paid alot less than the true cost of shipping the parcel.
As with the above customer.
So, we sent free products, we helped pay for shipping and we're getting hit with complaints.

I'm off to get a box of tissues.
Cry

That's good and all, but we are still struggling to understand why it HAD to be EMS shipping.
Rider: Which included, what was it a 4 month delay before being shipped after payment?

Edited by Fugitive_Bill - 23/Oct/2010 at 1:39am
maukabud View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 159374
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote maukabud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Oct/2010 at 9:32am
coming along nicely (notice the custom steerable tailwheel install)Big smile:

Merlon View Drop Down
Platinum  (NO)
USERID: 216398
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote Merlon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Oct/2010 at 10:00pm

I believe I have an apology to make. I've now seen my freebie in person, rather than through a webcam, and I seem to have misidentified it earlier. It's not in fact the Red Eagle GeeBee 3D I linked a few pages back, but is instead a much larger model of the same name with an approx 125cm wingspan. It features a thick profile fuselage, but otherwise looks the same.

So, with that, I was was wrong to note the differences in shippingweight. Sorry Hobbyking.

Some pictures then:

First from the box itself: (the plane isn't actually of the ones pictured)

An overview of the main parts: (minus partsbag containing horns, clevises, wheel-stops, screws and some spare foam)

Different angle:

Close up of the beefy motor mount:

Wing profile:

Various small parts: Pushrods and landinggear on the left. I could need some help identifying the purpose for the lower four plyparts, the transparent rectangles (gear mounts?) and the 4 small plyrings (3 visible).

Here's a closeup:

If anyone knows the exact model or has a manual or some pictures of the finished product that would be a great help.

Edit:

Looks like it's the GeeBee equivalent of this plane: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10519. The information and pictures from that one should get me started building.

Edited by Merlon - 23/Oct/2010 at 10:45pm
maukabud View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 159374
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote maukabud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Oct/2010 at 11:35pm
Cool Merlon!  I like the full airfoil...looks like a fun build! Wink  Definately got some mystery parts there...the transparent rectangles look like landing gear to fuse mounts...wire 2 piece gearlegs?  My Charger RC Extra uses similar ones, made from ply...perhaps they glue onto the lower vertical fuse, then the wire legs mounts on either side, with zipties...perhaps.  The ply parts...no idea. Big smile

~Bud
Burnaby View Drop Down
Platinum  (CA)
USERID: 164986
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote Burnaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Oct/2010 at 12:54am
Jason> Need your help, as detailed below I paypal payment, send email and PM CS Patrol couple of days ago but no response. Can you provide contact to get my freebie, thanks a bunch.

Last resort is to get chargeback on my Paypal payment if no one response, don't want to go there. Wink
Originally posted by Burnaby

You're right, lucky me got left off the list. PM CS patrol, see if anything gets done.
Originally posted by Jhon-Jhon

Originally posted by Burnaby

Yup, sent an email with all pertinent info to  hkfreebies@yahoo.com on September 1, 2010 5:02 PM. No rejected bounceback so assuming it went through OK.So everyone else get a confirmation msg?Where did you get the tracking Number?I haven't received any info, not sure if they even received the email.

I see you have a box on that list :   18. 2890. Burnaby
But no tracking from this post: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13148&PN=4
Nobody have any confirmation only on "CsPatrol!!" post.

Eric1180 View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 48018
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote Eric1180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Oct/2010 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Merlon

I believe I have an apology to make. I've now seen my freebie in person, rather than through a webcam, and I seem to have misidentified it earlier. It's not in fact the Red Eagle GeeBee 3D I linked a few pages back, but is instead a much larger model of the same name with an approx 125cm wingspan. It features a thick profile fuselage, but otherwise looks the same.

So, with that, I was was wrong to note the differences in shippingweight. Sorry Hobbyking.

Some pictures then:

First from the box itself: (the plane isn't actually of the ones pictured)

An overview of the main parts: (minus partsbag containing horns, clevises, wheel-stops, screws and some spare foam)

Different angle:

Close up of the beefy motor mount:

Wing profile:

Various small parts: Pushrods and landinggear on the left. I could need some help identifying the purpose for the lower four plyparts, the transparent rectangles (gear mounts?) and the 4 small plyrings (3 visible).

Here's a closeup:

If anyone knows the exact model or has a manual or some pictures of the finished product that would be a great help.

Edit:

Looks like it's the GeeBee equivalent of this plane: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10519. The information and pictures from that one should get me started building.

I will help you as soon as i get back from vacation (1day) i have a similar plane with the exact same hardware... Lucky you your wing came undamaged. Was your plane in a thin long box?
^7\
Merlon View Drop Down
Platinum  (NO)
USERID: 216398
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote Merlon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/Oct/2010 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Eric1180

Originally posted by Merlon

I will help you as soon as i get back from vacation (1day) i have a similar plane with the exact same hardware... Lucky you your wing came undamaged. Was your plane in a thin long box?

Thanks Eric. Yes, the plane arrived in what looked like the product box with a piece of cardboard taped top and bottom.

With the help of this build thread by Seacomms and the pictures of the other model I managed to figure out the usage for the ply rectangle(rear wheel support), the ply circles (on the main spar in-between the fuse and wings) and confirm the transparent rectangles for the gear.

That leaves the oval-ish pieces of ply.

Looks like I don't actually have a motor that would provide enough thrust for this model, or atleast not one that would provide the performance the plane was designed for. I think I'll wait with the build till I get around to ordering a ~120g ~1000kv one.

Sokonomi View Drop Down
Platinum  (NL)
USERID: 16782
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Sokonomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/Oct/2010 at 5:43am
Yup.. mine is still stuck at customs... Ouch
Once this is over ill probably end up with something more dinged up then erics plane.
Either that or a postcard from the incinerator saying thanks for the grub.
Fugitive_Bill View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 55382
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Fugitive_Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/Oct/2010 at 9:45pm
Those 'ply' rings are intended to hold the wheels and spats/wheel pants on, at least that's the idea for the TECHone planes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 35>