Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

microphone to transmitter

German OrlovGerman Orlov Club Members Posts: 12

Hi! I'm curious if it's possible to add regular microphone to FPV transmitter and if yes then how to do it? I have regular microphone which i took from web camera and it have 2 wires.

Comments

• mjvw42mjvw42 Club Members Posts: 7

Hi

That would totally depend on model of FPV video transmitter you are using. The manual it came with should give this information.

Unfortunately not knowing the model you have I would be guessing.

Most I have come across do have an audio input pin incorporated. You would just need to locate which pins and connect the audio in and GND pin to mic.

Note: If the condenser mic insert you have is the larger type around 5 to 10 mm barrel your audio will just end up a mess.
    The condenser mic's pre-mounted on video transmitters are very small at around 3 to 3.5 mm barrel diameter and can handle the wind and motor noise much better without distortion.

Have a look at Hobbyking SKU: 568000015-0 you will see the audio input on the pinout label in the photo.

Maybe have a look at SKU: 523000022-0 mini combo TX/Cam unit with condenser mic already mounted on camera case.

• German OrlovGerman Orlov Club Members Posts: 12

@mjvw42 said:
    Hi

That would totally depend on model of FPV video transmitter you are using. The manual it came with should give this information.

Unfortunately not knowing the model you have I would be guessing.

Most I have come across do have an audio input pin incorporated. You would just need to locate which pins and connect the audio in and GND pin to mic.

Note: If the condenser mic insert you have is the larger type around 5 to 10 mm barrel your audio will just end up a mess.
    The condenser mic's pre-mounted on video transmitters are very small at around 3 to 3.5 mm barrel diameter and can handle the wind and motor noise much better without distortion.

Have a look at Hobbyking SKU: 568000015-0 you will see the audio input on the pinout label in the photo.

Maybe have a look at SKU: 523000022-0 mini combo TX/Cam unit with condenser mic already mounted on camera case.

Thank you very much for your reply :) Yes i could buy camera with microphone in future. I also ordered external microphone for FPV (with 3 wires). Just thought to use regular microphone while waiting for parcel. So as i understood i just need to connect 2 wires of microphone to GND and AUDIO IN, and whatever in which order?

This is transmitter which i'm going to use - https://cdn-global-hk.hobbyking.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/660x415/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/legacy/catalog/72574s1_2__3.jpg - i see there are 2 contacts for audio, R and L, so i could use just one of them?

• mjvw42mjvw42 Club Members Posts: 7

Many different types of condenser mic's about and most do have a - and +Vcc pin. Hope you can work that out from wires left on condenser mic you reclaimed.
    Your not going to cause any damage to transmitter if you reversed the audio pin connections.
    Correct just pick either L or R for audio input and the Gnd. Or buy a 3 wire condenser mic.

Good luck there.

• German OrlovGerman Orlov Club Members Posts: 12

@mjvw42 said:
    Many different types of condenser mic's about and most do have a - and +Vcc pin. Hope you can work that out from wires left on condenser mic you reclaimed.
    Your not going to cause any damage to transmitter if you reversed the audio pin connections.
    Correct just pick either L or R for audio input and the Gnd. Or buy a 3 wire condenser mic.

Good luck there.

Thank you very much for your tips and advices! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file