Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hi Gary i recently bought four r720x v2 receivers and cannot bind any of them to my spectrum dx7.

Daniel EstruchDaniel Estruch Club Members Posts: 3

Hi Gary

i recently bought four r720x v2 receivers and cannot bind any of them to my spectrum dx7.

my transmitter does bind with any of my other orange receivers no problem

many ideas

Answers

• Daniel EstruchDaniel Estruch Club Members Posts: 3

Hi
    I bought four r720x v2 receivers and I cannot bind them to my spectrum dx7 transmitter. I have other HK orange receivers and I bind to them with no problem.
    Any ideas?

• FALCANFALCAN Club Members Posts: 7

IF THATS THE ONE WITH SAT/ LIGHT PLUGS USE TWO BINDING PLUGS
    THROTTLE/ BIND PLUG THIS WILL TURN OFF SAT/ MODE ON THE RECEIVER ?

• WTWUKWTWUK ✭✭✭ CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭
    edited October 4

No. The second bind plug inserted into the THROT channel only disables the telemetry system during binding.

For normal binding, only the bind plug in the BIND socket is required.

Is your DX7 an EU version? If so, make sure it is set to bind in DSMX mode only, as if it is attempting to bind in DSM2 mode it should not bind.

Thank you both for the responses but my transmitter is not EU version
    When binding starts the blinking stops and looks like it’s going to bind but never does. I have also tried at a greater and closer distance to no available. Can’t figure out what it could be. I have never had any problems with the orange receivers.

Hmmm. Humour me here.

I have the 620X that does that - if I put the powered plug in 'upside down'. The LED blinks and then looks like it has bound, but no outputs to servos.

Reverse the power plug and see if that works? No damage will ocur as +ve is on the centre pin.

Ok now I tried reversing the plug and nothing lights up. I also tried the two bind plugs to disable telemetry. Still won’t bind. At this point looks like I got a bad batch.
    By the way with two bind plugs in , one on throttle and the other on bind the red light should also blink and it doesn’t. Further leading me to believe something is wrong with these receivers.

Sounds like it. Raise an RMA.

• HelperHelper admin Club Members Posts: 431 admin

If you have not already done so please contact HobbyKing Customer Services:

https://support.hobbyking.com/hc/en-us/articles/203662684-Live-Chat-and-Email-Support

• Dawie Janse Van RensburgDawie Janse Van Rensburg Club Members Posts: 1

Been through the rma prosess about this myself. After testing with a couple of tx's myself I have concluded that there is a firmware issue, it appears that they won't bind to dsmx anymore (older dx7's don't support dsm2). I requested if this could be confirmed but nothing yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file