Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have no clue where to start, can you help?

Philip A Swiderski JrPhilip A Swiderski Jr Club Members Posts: 5

I have a project I want to do. It will require 12 servos that will be in one device. They all need to work independently, upon an action, as in pushing a fire button, I need them to go push button, 1 moves, push button 2 goes and so on. I also need to be able to do this from at least 1200 yards. So I need to learn how to connect 12 servos, get them to be remote controlled, upon my direction. If any of this makes sense and you can help guide me, on how to proceed. I thank you in advance.

Comments

• Philip A Swiderski JrPhilip A Swiderski Jr Club Members Posts: 5

I should include, I need the servos to rotate 70-90 deg, and return to center upon fire. If I can make this work, eventually I will need to be able to also control sound together with the servos, and then eventually. Have 3 independent sets of 12, that I would like to control with one system, being able to control say set 1, then control set 2 and then set 3, all from one remote.

• Zac RichardsZac Richards Club Members Posts: 3

You could use a servo hat on an Arduino to control up to 16 servos interdependently using the i2c protocol, you could control it with something like a 2.4 GHZ base station with switches or buttons that are interpreted by an Arduino. I'm not sure if this is what your looking for but i hope this gives you a direction.

Hey sorry for not responding, been busy and I do not get notified about response for some reason. Anyways, this project is for a friend, and he went online and found someone to do something to make it work. What they did, was they used a CDT 12L (new) board, that with a 12 button remote RF transmits the signal, and press #1 and #1 servo works, well sort of. On the servo he cut all the wires from the board, and direct wired positive and negative to the motor direct. We got it all installed for what we wanted to do, but upon the first test, it stripped all the gears on all 12 servos. Is there a servo control mod for 12 channels that I could add, down stream, so when I hit #1, the cdt board trips and send power to a mod that I can set the pulse with and then the signal goes to the servo at the correct pulse so not to strip them? It sounds doable and simple, but dont know what to look for, and currently there is nothing that has any programming at all Hope I can get some direction.

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭

What is it?

it is a bumper launcher for dog training. I am now having an issue with it stripping servos, as soon as I hit the button, it strips. Brand new servos just strip, not holding the button at all just tap it to send signal and the servo just strips, any ideas how to stop that?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file