Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DJI Ronin / Futaba RX

Daniel ElliottDaniel Elliott Club Members Posts: 2

Hi all,
Total newb here so please excuse my ignorance. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be most grateful. I am trying to gain control of a DJI ronin gimbal via their sbus port using a futaba RX and some sort of remote control. In an ideal world this ronin gimbal would be stationary and I could run a hardline so that I would not have to rely on wireless connectivity for control of the gimbal. This is so I could run multiple of these setups and not have to be concerned with interference. Does anyone have suggestions of a way to hard-line connect a sbus controllable gimbal to an RC controller? Or am I wrong to be concerned with interference with multiple setups going simultaneously? I work in hidden camera TV and commercials and am researching ways to control cameras from a control center. I may be just dreaming here, so please let me know.

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭

Assuming you want independent control of each gimbal at all times (similar to city and town CCTV surveillance systems?) , this cannot easily be done with one transmitter, as each receiver has to bind to its own transmitter 'model'. Control of the gimbals themselves is straightforward and can be done with many cheap flight controller boards, or indeed some gimbal controller boards the receiver connects to.

• Daniel ElliottDaniel Elliott Club Members Posts: 2

Precisely. I would like independent control of each gimbal simultaneously. I understand that this would mean 1:1 RX per gimbal. Is there a way to use a flight control board with a cabled connection to the receiver, ie. a cat5 cable or something of that sort? And if not, am I wrong to be concerned about interference between say 5x receivers all working to independently control 5x different gimbals in one room? Again, total noob here, what's a simple flight controller board I should consider to begin my R&D process? I know the DJI ronin gimbal plays nicely with futaba.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file