Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No "hold" LED indication on latest shipment received of R620X V2 SBUS and R720X V2 CPPM Receivers.

Gary FisherGary Fisher Club Members Posts: 4

No red Hold LED on the last shipments received on 3/12/2019. Telemetry correctly reports fades and holds but no Flashing red hold count LED on the receiver. Also, very slow to bind with OrangeRx DSMX/DSM2 DEVO module. Binds properly to my Dx8 and iRangeX IRX4 Plus Tx module. Looks like there has been a firmware revision and the red Hold Led count was dropped.
Why no more HOLD LED???
I'm a reseller and have bought and sold 100s of these wonderful receivers. Just need an explanation to give my customers,
Gary at FlyRCPro.com

Comments

• Gary FisherGary Fisher Club Members Posts: 4

No red Hold LED on the last shipments received on 3/12/2019. Telemetry correctly reports fades and holds but no Flashing red hold count LED on the receiver. Also, very slow to bind with OrangeRx DSMX/DSM2 DEVO module. Binds properly to my Dx8 and iRangeX IRX4 Plus Tx module. Looks like there has been a firmware revision and the red Hold Led count was dropped.
    Why no more HOLD LED???
    I'm a reseller and have bought and sold 100s of these wonderful receivers. Just need an explanation to give my customers,
    Gary at FlyRCPro.com

Second problem found. These new R620X V2 SBUS and R720X V2 CPPM receivers will not bind in DSM2. Tried different DSMX/DSM2 transmitters --but no joy. So the new firmware has no DSM2 or Hold LED functions.

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭

Concur. Only able to bind in DSMX. Tried with every DSMX tx I have. Recall reading somewhere that DSMX rx's don't have the red LED to indicate holds, so if so, that would affirm there is no DSM2 option now.

Also, these latest R620X V2 SBUS and R720X V2 CPPM receivers no longer bind in DSM2. Only DSMX. The red "hold" LED is still on the receivers PC board--but has no function. Anybody know how to flash these receivers back to the old V2 firmware???

Thanks WTWUK for the comment. The red "hold" LED is still on the receiver's PC board--but has no function. Anybody know how to flash these receivers back to the old V2 firmware???

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭

Not sure if any is available.

• HobbyKing_CEOHobbyKing_CEO Club Members Posts: 128 admin

@Gary Fisher said:
    Thanks WTWUK for the comment. The red "hold" LED is still on the receiver's PC board--but has no function. Anybody know how to flash these receivers back to the old V2 firmware???

Hi Gary, I've raised this to our engineering dept and they'll be replying directly shortly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file