Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Compatible Receivers ??

Michael PlummerMichael Plummer Club Members Posts: 2

Hello to all, I have inherited a Futaba T7CAP transmitter system along with a Spitfire plane, but no receiver? Is there a compatible modern receiver I can use. Thanks allot Mickey P

Answers

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭

What frequency is your 7 running on?

There are receivers around still that you can use, but you will not get the rock solid link and interference resistance you get with a modern 2.4GHz system.

• Michael PlummerMichael Plummer Club Members Posts: 2

Thank you WTWUK, its transmitting frequency is 50 or 72 MHz. If I try to complete the Spitfire project it looks like it would be better to buy a modern transmitter and receiver then. Do you have any recommendations, I would need at least 6 channels. All the Best Mickey P

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭

You would be better off with a modern system for sure.

You could do worse that getting an FrSky Taranis X9D Plus with say the X8R receiver.

The Taranis is a game changing bit of rc kit. It gives one of, if not the most robust rf links and whilst programming of it can be a steep learning curve, it is a system that will provide every concieveable setups and will never be obsolete.

Had the Taranis been available when I started RC flying in earnest, I would have saved a small fortune in trying various radios. Have a google and see what info there is about it. Quite a marvel of a thing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file