Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turnigy sub-C 5000mAh (from a 7,2V Stick Pack) problem and lygte-info.dk review link

Salvador Barqueros ProvencioSalvador Barqueros Provencio Club Members Posts: 3

Hello.
First of all let me say I am a battery pack builder. Main reason I started dealing with Hobby King has been a mate which has a DeWalt drill whose batteries use sub-C cells. I already fixed one of my colleague's batteries in the past, with Turnigy sub-C 4200mAh cells, to great success.
Among other things ordered two Turnigy Stick Pack sub-C 5000mAh 7,2V packs recently for another De9502 drill pack restoration (12S1P sub-C cell configuration). Received my order a week ago or so.
Yesterday I proceeded with dismantling of the stick packs. After this was done I measured all cell voltages, all of them were close to 1,3V with a single cell exception lying at 1,235V. Bad stuff. Took that cell (let's call it a) and together with another one (b, for comparison purposes) raised both exactly to 1,304V. A few hours later cell b measured 1,302V and cell a is at 1,288V, this means cell a shows anomalous elevated self-discharge. Will keep observing this for a longer while but it totally looks like there was one dud in the packs. And I cannot say this makes me happy.

Cell review: Turnigy Sub-C 5000mAh (Gray) @ lygte-info.dk

Cheers

NOTE TO WHOEVER IS GOING TO APPROVE THIS: IT'S ANNOYING WHEN YOU HAVE TO EDIT YOUR POST BUT THIS THING JUST CARES TO TELL YOU CRAP WITH REGARDS TO POST APPROVAL. PLEASE DELETE MY PREVIOUS TWO SUBMISSIONS.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file