Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turnigy 9X 2.4GHz 8Ch Receiver (V2) Range Failure.

GalandGaland Club Members Posts: 20

Between the 8 channels and the 6 channels I own more than 25 of these receivers. I bought another three 8Ch on 9/30/2018.
With two of them I have experienced loss of control at about 300 feet distance, causing considerable damage to two models. I did not build the third Rx in a plane yet. Today I rigged up a test bed and walked away until the Tx's became unresponsive.
I never had a problem like that. What is going on? I have lost confidence in those units and would like to see them replaced.
The labels are different from the old ones. It shows in large characters "CE0678", which the older ones do not. Can you guarantee that any replacements are from a different batch?

Tagged:

Comments

• GalandGaland Club Members Posts: 20

Between the 8 channels and the 6 channels I own more than 25 of these receivers. I bought another three 8Ch on 9/30/2018.
    With two of them I have experienced loss of control at about 300 feet distance, causing considerable damage to two models. I did not build the third Rx in a plane yet. Today I rigged up a test bed and walked away until the Tx's became unresponsive.
    I never had a problem like that. What is going on? I have lost confidence in those units and would like to see them replaced.
    The labels are different from the old ones. It shows in large characters "CE0678", which the older ones do not. Can you guarantee that any replacements are from a different batch?

• HelperHelper Club Members Posts: 262 admin
    edited February 13

@Galand Are you experiencing the same problem with your older receivers as sometimes the radio aerial breaks and causes this problem.

• GalandGaland Club Members Posts: 20

Not really. I once had a torn antenna from a crash but none of these Rx's have been in a crash. The antennas look OK and I always add a stress-relieving contact cement "blob" around the antenna base. I just received three new Rx's and they look like the old ones. I have not range-checked those yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file