Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waterproof receiver for RC yacht

Peter RossPeter Ross Club Members Posts: 1

I am sick of the receiver in my DF65 yacht dying after getting a dip in the salt water, which I am unable to keep out of the boat. Is there a reasonably priced (minimum 3 channel) receiver that will bind with my Turnigy Evolution transmitter and put up with a little salt water from time to time? It needs to have futaba connectors to plug in to the servos on the boat

Answers

• mpjf01mpjf01 Club Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭
    edited February 24

There are sprays (eg Corrosion X) that place a waterproof layer over circuit boards that may help you. Most of us make waterproof containers that fit in our yachts and hold the receiver and battery pack. I use plastic screw top medication/vitamin containers. Make hole for the servo wires and bog up with silicon, unscrew the lid to access the battery. Some insert the container with the top flush with the deck so only the lid is visible, easy to get to. I still get plenty of range with the antennae bundled into the container along with the receiver etc.

• Mr.NiceMr.Nice Club Members Posts: 30

One could also use special rubber paint (Plasti Dip/Rubbercomp) to waterproof electronics. I have done this with my cars electronics. You can find plenty of guides and how to's for different methods for waterproofing your electronics from internet by using your favorite search engine. "waterproofing ESC" if a good search term to start. There are plenty of Youtube videos about the subject too. Just remember to take care of the cooling when waterproofing electronics as some methods can effect the cooling more than others.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file