Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arkbird 2.0 OSD Not Working!

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie to FPV so please bear with me.
I scratch built a sailplane recently and decided to install a flight controller in it and so I bought the Arkbird 2.0 Flight Controller from HobbyKing.

Now I have a Quanum camera capable of running from 6V to 30V plugged into the “Video In” port and a Iflight 5.8 V2 vTx capable of 7V to 24V plugged into the “Video Out” port. Since I want to use the Arkbird OSD, this is apparently the correct wiring setup.
I have the setup runnning on a 3S battery.

I have a FR632 Receiver and generic monitor on the same frequency as the vTx but I am not getting any signal.

The Iflight vTx is flashing it’s indicator lights as the manual says it should and it’s definitley getting power.

What could be the problem here?

My next attempt will be to bypass the Arkbird 2.0 and see if the camera and vTX directly.

Thanks

Any suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭
    edited January 16

Have you set the frequencies of vtx and vrx to match correctly?

• Sumit JohnSumit John Club Members Posts: 4

The vTx and vRx are both 5.8 GHz units.
    I’ve also followed the frequency and channels charts that came with them to make sure they are both in sync.
    Today I tried running the camera feed directly to the vTx, still no luck. The vRx starts up and the indicator lights show nominal operation.
    There is no way to see if the camera works, but it does get warm slightly.

Do you think it’s wise to do a continuity test on the camera with a multimeter?

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭

Warm is normal.

Do you get anything at all on your screen?

Can you post some nice clear pics of the connections?

I would steer clear of checking with the meter yet.

As it turns out I fried my Arkbird unit.
    Apparently the unit can only handle a max 17V DC input, the supplied current sensor does not step down the voltage of my 6S battery.
    So basically I put through 24V through a circuit that was designed to handle a maximum of 17V.
    Darn it, I wish I read the manuals thoroughly. Lesson learned.
    BTW, I soldered a new connector terminal on the camera and it works flawlessly with the transmitter.
    So yeah that’s that.

A few days ago, I got in touch with a service rep from Arkbird, Sunny. He was the one who guided me through some tests to see if the Arkbird unit was damaged.
    I’ve hence posted the unit back to Arkbird for a repair.
    I must say, their customer service has been excellent. They replied to my relentless emails within a few hours.

Thank you Sunny, thank you WTWUK!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file