Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

extended range camera for Bugs 5w and Contixo f 18

DARREL MAYNARDDARREL MAYNARD Club Members Posts: 4

I'm an old geezer getting my first quad copters. I have them. My problem is the video stops and I have plenty of RC controller left.
I have seen videos where people attach an extended range camera to there quad an get out 1000m+.What do I need to get to be able to do this
One vid had a TX 03 camera??

Answers

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,930 ✭✭✭

A powerful, potentially illegal, vtx transmitter ...

• DARREL MAYNARDDARREL MAYNARD Club Members Posts: 4
    edited December 1

I live in rural PA not too worried about interference. What specifically do I need? A VTX transmitter (whatever that is) etc.

Not sure what, if anything, you could get or do for it, as everything is integrated in copters like yours.

Begs the question though - at 1000metres +, how would you even see it to be able to fly it?

• DARREL MAYNARDDARREL MAYNARD Club Members Posts: 4

My controller claims 1000m, I'd like to have camera viewing that goes as far. If I have video, I can review it and find where I crashed. Lots of winter fun! I use my Iphone 7 for viewing. I think I'd like to get a home base monitor for viewing. Too claustrophobic for goggles, FPV. (that may change.)

edited December 2

Nor sure on regulations in the US, but think the model must be in ones 'line of sight' - and that little flying chainsaw would be invisible at 1000m lol!!!

However, IF you can find out how to connect a higher powered video transmitter (up to 600mW) and decent antennae to your copter, 1000m and more is achievable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file