Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hobby King 120a boat esc

Pete DickinsonPete Dickinson Club Members Posts: 2

I have just got my Hobby King 120a boat esc along with the later Hobby King programming card. To start with I left all settings as the default but using my 2.4g Hitec Aurora 9x, although the forward function works perfectly there is no reverse other than a short half second burst when pulling the throttle stick back quickly. I've tried doing it twice but there is no other response. Is this down to a setting or do I have a faulty esc? Pulling the stick back from neutral slowly does not produce the short burst and the motor remains stopped.

I have tried altering the setting on the first item to forward and reverse only but it responds in exactly the same way

Any help would be great

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,190 ✭✭✭

It is due to calibration of the ESC to your throttle stick.

Boat and car ESC's see 'off' at mid stick on a normal transmitter when used for fwds and bkwds.

So you need to follow the correct calibration procedure for your ESC which will involve a setup step at mid-stick.

• Pete DickinsonPete Dickinson Club Members Posts: 2

OK everyone, I've finally cracked the problem but had to guess the correct procedure as the was no information I could find provided by HobbyKing. Even the ESC that they sent had nothing with it. HobbyKing please note, this simple bit of information would have saved me a lot of hair tearing.

1) power up the TX push stick to max forward.

2) power up RX and wait for beep beep.

3) move stick to full reverse and wait for beep beep.

4) let stick return to centre and wait for beep beep beep.

This works perfectly. However It seems that if you then use a different TX any slight difference between the neutral settings will make the ESC reset its calibration on power-up and you will need to re-calibrate it.

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,190 ✭✭✭

Excellenty! Changing transmitters with any ESC's will require recalibration.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file