Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FrSky VANTAC AR+ Wing

Bruno GPBruno GP Club Members Posts: 1

Hi!
Just ordered my first wing, the FrSky VANTAC AR+, and I don't know anything about wings.
Searched everywhere and there's no info about assembly.
My question is, do I need glue? Do I need to balance anything or something?

Comments

• HelperHelper Club Members Posts: 314 admin

@Bruno GP Manual can be found on FRSky website (should have been one in the box).
    https://www.frsky-rc.com/vantac-ar-wing/

• Dieter PreiserDieter Preiser Club Members Posts: 2
    edited November 2018

Well, you'll likely need a little help in getting this one going. Assembly is very simple and does not require any glue. However, you'll have to set up the S6R receiver and program your transmitter. My receiver was not configured for a wing, so I used the S6R Lua script on my Taranis to get it calibrated and configured. You can also use the STK tool sold by FrSky.
    The S6R receiver is fantastic, with its autoleveling and stabilization feature, but you have to invest a little time to get it right. There are some good resources available on YouTube.
    Also, I set up my Taranis with a launch mode mix which will mix a little elevator when my throttle is above 50%. This plus autoleveling mode will make a side launch very easy. I do this on all my wings with great success. Before that I crashed may of my wings.
    By the way, with wings especially, you need to observe the proper CG. Mine balanced with a 2200mA battery. I velcro-mounted my ESC which is super heavy, so I could move it around to get CG right.

• Dieter PreiserDieter Preiser Club Members Posts: 2

I bought this wing on sale at $85 and got free shipping, but it is well worth the current price of $149. It is rock solid and flies fast and stable. It is also highly aerobatic.
    I am a huge fan of the FrSky S6R receiver; I have it in all my aircraft unless they have a flight controller. Once you know how to program it, it provides excellent performance.
    The only slight disappointment was that I cannot get the telemetry from the ESC to work properly. My Taranis 9x Plus picks up the sensors, but the values and labels don't make any sense. I've upgraded the firmware of the ESC, but still have the same problem.
    Nonetheless, I'd buy another one of these in a heartbeat.

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭

What ESC and sensors are you using?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file