Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What should I buy for my 1st Drone?

Wendy AylworthWendy Aylworth Club Members Posts: 1

Could you advise me on what drone to get for my first drone? My goal is to become good at flying a drone with a camera on it to take still photographs. I don’t intend to fly the drone any higher than 200 feet. I do want to learn to fly a drone in between houses and buildings to take close up photos of the structure of the building. Can you advise what 1st drone to buy that will be easy to maneuver around a house and up over the house to take photos of the roof?

The drone needs to be able to stay stable in a windy climate.

Thanks!

Answers

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭
    edited November 8

Where are you? If in the UK, you are not permitted to fly as you describe, unless you get approved by the CAA as a commercial operator. The law here is you are not permitted to fly within 50ft of any building, structure or ship, nor over populated areas. I would suspect similar regulations apply in other countries too, so it is worth you checking them out.

The multirotor you will need depends entirely on the camera you wish to use - be it a tiny gopro type, or an all singing dancing digital SLR will dictate that.

As for wind .. that is the enemy. No cheap, lightweight multirotor will remain 'stable' in wind. Even larger, heavier and more expensive copters have difficulty and employ many additional equipment to get steady images.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file