Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Brushless is Best?

Dante2k Dante2k Club Members Posts: 1
edited October 2018 in Electric Motors

I am making a gimbal mounting system for a camera in hopes of eventually attaching it to a quadcopter. I am hobbyist who has very little knowledge of brushless motors and would like to get others input on which motors/ESC combo would be best to drive this gimbal. (I will need 3 of each).

The gimbal will be housing a DSLR camera, which is quite heavy, so I guess I need "medium" power motors? I would also like to make this entire thing reasonably compact.

Thanks for taking the time to help a newbie.

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭

First question is it a valuable dslr?
    If so, you really will be taking a huge risk attaching it to a quadcopter. When a motor or ESC on it fails, and that is a when, not an if, you could kiss your camera bye bye.
    At the very least you will need a hexacopter, and even better an octocopter as when it fails, you do have a fighting chance of recovery.
    As for motors, you will need one size for the Z axis and one each of a smaller size for the X and Y axes. Sizes you will need depends entirely on the weight of your DSLR with whatever lens fitted.

Have you got a controller board in mind?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file