Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4S Tundra?

David BondDavid Bond Club Members Posts: 1

I've heard that the Durafly Tundra can handle (and indeed thrives) on 4S, although you need to make sure of the CG. I bought the updated one with the reversing ESC from HK about 2 years ago, will this be ok?

Tagged:

Answers

• Josip VrandecicJosip Vrandecic Club Members Posts: 2

Of course, you can use 4S LiPo, but previously change the ESC (cause of heating) at least 50 W and of course, at start of the flight control the engine temperature and ESC also always respect the position of the CoG which must be within the limits (+ or- 5 mm)

• Josip VrandecicJosip Vrandecic Club Members Posts: 2

@Josip Vrandecic said:
    Of course, you can use 4S LiPo, but previously change the ESC (cause of heating) at least 50 A and of course, at start of the flight control the engine temperature and ESC also always respect the position of the CoG which must be within the limits (+ or- 5 mm)

• HobbyKing_SupportHobbyKing_Support HobbyKing Support Posts: 480 ✭✭

We fly our 100% stock Tundras on 4S all the time with outstanding results.

• Alfred NgAlfred Ng Club Members Posts: 1

Is stock Tundra ESC comes with Reverse function ?

• Richard BrownsteinRichard Brownstein Club Members Posts: 2
    edited January 22

I have the newer version of the Tundra with the heavier rubber wheels (which burdens the Tundra with excessive weight) and I used a 4S 2200mAh pack with the stock 40A ESC. The ESC was extremely hot after that flight and made me concerned enough to replace the ESC with a higher 70A one (I had it in stock so I used it). That made a big difference. ESC ran cooler afterwards. Keep in mind, when running at full throttle, that is when the ESC gets a real workout and starts getting hot. If you fly conservatively, the stock 40A ESC should be ok. Of course using the 4S is the most exciting flight since the Tundra flies like a "missile"; real fast and can go vertical with no effort.

Alfred Ng, yes my stock Aerostar 40A ESC does have reverse but I don't see the need for it in my case. Haven't flown on water.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file