Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reaktor 3000W premature done charging Pb battery

Wayne RobeyWayne Robey Club Members Posts: 2

The manual dies not say anything about detecting charge completion when charging Pb batteries but when I try to charge and equalize, it charges at the set current till the voltage limit is reached then with reducing current for a short time then it indicates done and goes to a trickle charge. How do I keep in in the voltage and current limited mode? The Foam Cut mode has suitable voltage and current limits but when I try to use it for battery charging I get the message Connection Breakdown.

Tagged:

Comments

• Wayne RobeyWayne Robey Club Members Posts: 2

300 not 3000 W

• Marlan MuirMarlan Muir Club Members Posts: 1

Greetings Wayne. I wandered in looking for something else and found this question. I don't know, but maybe I can help. I find the two main bits of info from you: the battery type you are attempting to charge, and your expectation that it charge differently than the charger's specification allows. Admittedly, I have not tried to use my Reaktor 2 x 300w to charge up a Pb battery, but your description- runs until the "voltage limit is reached then with reducing current for a short time then it indicates done and goes to a trickle charge", sounds about right for a Pb battery. Typically, lead-acid batteries don't get "equalized". (Pb is the symbol for lead). They do however, get trickle-charged after the preset voltage is reached. So your observation should be correct for lead-acid batteries.
    I only know of doing balance charging with Lithium xxx type batteries. Check again to confirm you are charging the correct type of battery. You don't want to burn the house down from charging a lithium battery on the wrong charging mode. Don't ask me how I might know that could happen ;).
    Now, on to your last question ("How do I keep in in the voltage and current limited mode?"). I haven't looked, but, my question to you would be, why would you want to keep the Pb battery on a higher rate of charge after it has reached the pre-determined setting on the charger?
    Marlan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file