Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK Purchases from UK warehouse, quoted in ££ but charged in $$ ??

DH106DH106 Club Members Posts: 2

I've noticed several times that my UK purchases from the UK warehouse, when prices quoted in GBP £ then get charged in USD $.
This results in a higher charge to myself as the conversion rate from my card is never as good as that quoted by HK.
Unless HK charges in GBP instead of USD, it makes a mockery of the prices quoted - this is misleading.
Please charge my card in GBP in future.

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,188 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Not possible as you are actually 'buying' from a company based in HongKong, not here in the UK.
    The UK only has a forwarding operation that speeds up delivery to us, and is not the point of sale.

All HobbyKing prices are in $US no matter what currency you set, and then are only a guideline.

• Jym73Jym73 BretagneClub Members Posts: 142
    edited September 2018

Not possible as you are actually 'buying' from a company based in HongKong, not here in the UK.

*******, gearbest, ******* allow to pay in many different currencies, but not HK...

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,188 ✭✭✭

Correct. I was not inferring it was not possible for companies in general in HongKong/China to accept other currencies.
    A long time ago it was suggested that HK get with it and actually accept other currencies, but it has not happened. Reason being? No-one except HK are privvy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file