Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poles and magnets...do I need to know about it?

Hi all.
I'm pretty new to brushless motors, so could anyone ecsplain to me what it's all about?
I recently bought a Turnigy Multistar 4225-610Kv 16Pole motor, a 4s LiPo and a 40A esc, for a fixed-wing model.
Now I just read something about how many magnets and poles there were in a motor, do I need worry?
Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,936 ✭✭✭

No need to worry.

• Mikkel StenbækMikkel Stenbæk Club Members Posts: 1

Thanks😊

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,936 ✭✭✭

No problem.
    Just out of interest though, what was the reason you chose that particular (very good) motor?
    Usually they are used on multicopters and not fixed wing.

• Mikkel StenbaekMikkel Stenbaek Club Members Posts: 2

Well, I 3d-printet a P47 from 3dLabprint, and they suggested a 4008-620 motor. But since I acidently made the plane a little to heavy, I went for a bigger motor to compensate :)
    I have no idea if it's going to work, but I think I got the thrust it needs :)
    I'm not used to this electric stuff, but I'll get there. I've been flying on/off for 20 years with fixed wing and helicopters, but since the printer was right there, I was thinking I'd give it a shot :)

• Jason PhelanJason Phelan Club Members Posts: 57

You don't need to worry about this stuff. But if you did want to learn the basics this guy makes a pretty decent explanation video.

Remember 1 Brushless motors are three phase motors.
    2 - a motor being spun is a generator.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4oRT7PoXSS0

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file