Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem balancing Nanotech battery 2S1P

Nicole RousseauNicole Rousseau Club Members Posts: 3

I bal/charged my lipo with imax B6AC v2. Result: 8.28V, 1st cell:4.108V, 2sd cell: 4.177V.
Some days after, I tried to only use the mode balance with no success. I mean cells aren't balanced.
Hours more later, I tried to discharge battery but temp goes up so I stopped it.

I would like to know if there is something to do with this battery before I put it in the garbage.
Of course, the 30 days guaranty has expired.

Thank you for your help,

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,648 ✭✭✭

What did you use to discharge it, and what temp. did you see?

• Nicole RousseauNicole Rousseau Club Members Posts: 3

I tried to discharge it with my imax b6AC. The temp started at 25 deg and fast to 30 deg so I stopped it before other damage.

I hope I can do something with this battery.

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,648 ✭✭✭

Ahhh the imax will get hot when discharging batteries - that is how it dumps the charge in them by converting it into heat. Let it do the discharge, and try a balance charge again at 1C charge rate for a few cycles. Your battery might need 'conditioning' to settle down.

• Nicole RousseauNicole Rousseau Club Members Posts: 3

Problem resolved. Thank to WTWUK. I discharged the battery until the 2 cells got the same voltage at 3.8 V (the temp was at 50degrees). The battery looks fine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file