Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newby - Overwhelmed

LLEWELLYN VILJOENLLEWELLYN VILJOEN Club Members Posts: 1

Hi - I know to little and need a pointer or two.

I'm building a model yacht, single sail, about 800mm long (slightly smaller than 1/4 scale laser), and cannot seem to find a transmitter for digital servos, that has 4 channels (or more), adjustable frame rate (or whatever it is technically called) so that I can get 270 degrees out of my 270 degree servo's (currently only getting about 90 degrees using a Flysky transmitter).

I'm going to use a sailwinch servo (about 3.5 turns I think someone said), and limited stroke servos for tension adjustment and rudder.

Any help most welcome.

Llew

Comments

• align_sucksalign_sucks Club Members Posts: 14

I know it's overkill, but I use my frsky taranis x9d plus to control a dragonforce 65 and an old 36" yacht. Don't have any problems with them and I like the telemetry function to see when it's going out of range. I know others that control their lasers and mustangs from old spektrum dx7 transmitters. If your transmitter is an i6 then you should be able to alter the end points to give you much more throw on your servos.

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭

The i6 will not give the 270° travel as, from memory they need pulse range of 500-2500 us. A transmitter with extended endpoint capability (Taranis being one!) is needed?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file