Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Website Update - week 35 2018

HobbyKing VPHobbyKing VP Forum Admin, Club Members Posts: 83 admin

This is a quick update to let everyone know about website updates that will be going live today. They are as follows:
1. We're improving the search logic to show better results. This will continue to be refined but we believe the update scheduled for today is a vast improvement on the previous logic.
2. We're reintroducing the reference images on servos and electric motors which articulate where measurements are made from.
3. We're introducing filters for batteries that will allow users to filter on dimensions (length, width, height)
4. We're making the warehouse selector on the left hand side a check box
5. We're making our product images downloadable again

We're working on roughly 250 different issues at the moment and hope to start deploying new bits of code that improve the user experience on the site. I'll try keep everyone in the loop by making posts in this forum

Comments

• Jym73Jym73 BretagneClub Members Posts: 142
    edited August 30

250 issues, wow...This should have been resolved before put the website in production imo.

What about the paypal issues?
    https://forum.hobbyking.com/discussion/71966/paypal#latest
    https://forum.hobbyking.com/discussion/71985/payment-has-already-been-made-for-this-invoiceid-10412-duplicate-invoice#latest
    https://forum.hobbyking.com/discussion/71825/paypal-error-10412-duplicate-invoice#latest
    https://forum.hobbyking.com/discussion/71914/paying-through-paypal#latest

There is a thread opened since 08/03, and no single answer from HK about that. Be able to place an order with paypal is maybe something important, no? I don't place order without paypal, paypal works on all the others websites, but not on HK, so this isn't a problem on the customers side.

Answer from the support one week ago :

We are still working on it and just in case it doesn't work, please tell us.

This ticket may be closed for documentation, but, you are always welcome to contact again in case you got further concerns.

So, you wait that customers come every days to check if this is corrected? No, this still doesn't work, i won't check and tell you every days that it still doesn't work, i just place order elsewhere and don't come back to try to buy something on HK.

• HobbyKing VPHobbyKing VP Forum Admin, Club Members Posts: 83 admin

@Jym73 there are lots of bug fixes going live tonight. I didn't bother listing them all as some are fairly technical. The PayPal one that you raised is one of the fixes going live tonight. It looks like it was only affecting French customers. Unfortunately, to fix it we needed to clear the shopping carts of French customers. We'll be sending an apology and notifying customers that the issue is resolved as soon as the patch is live on the site.

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭
    edited August 30

Battery dimension selection - good idea. Badly implemented.

Each dimension 'slide' produces a complete page refresh - back to the page top so one has to scroll back down to get to the sliders for the other dimension sliders.

So that means potentially 3 page refreshes to get the size nailed down assuming one gets the relevant dimension range right first time.

IF you want to find a battery in the range of 100 to 115mm long x 30 to 40mm wide by 25 to 30mm deep, that results in 6 page refreshes!!

It CAN be done so all sliders are positioned and then a 'GO' button is hit...

Ya are getting there Toby, but not quite...

@WTWUK yes, this is on the board. At the moment we're concerned that users will select too many filters and no results will be returned. In that case it isn't clear which filter is to 'blame' for the lack of results.

It is on the board and it is being worked on. It'll probably be deployed in the next sprint.

• Jym73Jym73 BretagneClub Members Posts: 142
    edited August 30

The PayPal one that you raised is one of the fixes going live tonight.

Thks, i just checked and it works now. But most of the products i wanted to order are now out of stock, a joke. So for me now it is a "bye bye" hobbyking, i won't coming back for a looooong moment.

edited August 30

Search is working!! Wey hey!!!!

But alas, logged in with a UK ISP, country selection to UK, currency £ ... site is in German, prices in €!!

• Kevin RowleyKevin Rowley Club Members Posts: 2

Wonder if some of your updates will include a weight limit warning? Placed an order, which was accepted and paid for. Then to be notified it can only be picked up from Suffolk?? The said order was based around sale items, which it seems are no longer at the said price. That equates to missed order now me thinks to price increase. I am now aware of the weight issue, but not once did the site alert me to the issue.

• Kevin RowleyKevin Rowley Club Members Posts: 2

Now I am confused, just been back through the re-order process, and it seems like I have no delivery option, barring collection??? Why would I want to collect from Suffolk, when I live in Staffordshire ? Don't know what is going on, as I get options from EU and HK?? Thought it was a weight thing, which is what live chat said was the issue? But the order is only around 6kg, not making sense at all? If I order just the aircraft, options appear. But as it is not at my paid price, Not going to happen. This has me dumbstruck, as other orders have come to my door with no probs at all??
    Regards Kev

What is in your order? I'll have a try ...

@Kevin Rowley said:
    Now I am confused

>

What items are you trying to order? I'll have a go. Better yet, when you run into these issues, would you mind taking a screen shot and sending to me in a DM?

• ACAC Club Members Posts: 10

Main product photos don't show up in Safari.

thanks - I've flagged it for IT to be checked. I can't replicate it on my Mac.

Toby - It works fine in Chrome and Opera, just not Safari.

@AC said:
    Toby - It works fine in Chrome and Opera, just not Safari.

thanks - we isolated the issue and deployed the fix last night. It was something to do with the way safari interacts with CSS. Should be working now.

Thanks for the heads-up guys :smile:

Thanks Toby - working fine now in Safari. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file