Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Printing temperature for Hobby King branded 1.75mm PLA

John AlfredJohn Alfred Club Members Posts: 4

What Extruder temperature should I set my printer to, please?

Comments

• Kevin FairgrieveKevin Fairgrieve Club Members Posts: 14

I am using it in my Anet A8 and usually set it to between 195 and 210. Good results with 198.

• John AlfredJohn Alfred Club Members Posts: 4

Thanks Kevin, what's the lowest temperature you've tried?

Hi Nick,

I bought 4 rolls of your Hobbyking branded Filament, and am having problems.

I don't know yet what it is, but I want to make sure I'm setting up things right.

What's the proper temperature for the PLA, please?

Cheers
    John

• Nick_HKNick_HK Club Members Posts: 89 ✭✭

With the HobbyKing brand PLA I usually print at around 210C, some printers print better at higher temps but I find 210 is usually good. The range for this filament is 210-235C.

Thanks Nick, I'll keep that in mind

• Kevin FairgrieveKevin Fairgrieve Club Members Posts: 14

A lot depends on the THING I am printing and what quality I want.
    Have been as low as 190.
    Also used as high as 210.

So many factors to consider.

• Stuart PhillipsStuart Phillips Club Members Posts: 6

I like to print quite hot if I can (no bridges etc) so I normally print HK PLA on my i3 Mk3 with the following settings:
    Bed 60c
    First Layer 220c
    Everything else at 210c

I get noticeable oozing from the nozzle at 220c. I haven't tried 235c as I have no reason to...Maybe I'll do a heat tower to see what differences I get from 190c to 240c.

Layer adhesion and general strength seem good at 210c and I'm happy with the appearance of the finished prints.

I still need to tweak my first layer settings to get a solid smooth first layer on the smooth PEI bed.

Hope that helps a bit.

• MHM RijnbeekMHM Rijnbeek Club Members Posts: 1

I print with HobbyKing PLA. The first layer with 215c with heatbed at 60c and the other layers at 210c and heatbed at 55c. I did had trouble getting a good first layer, but it was not the fault of the filament but the calibration of the printer itself. I now print on a modified Tevo Tarantula (replace acrylic with aluminium and added an double y-carriage). In General I'm very pleased with the HobbyKing PLA filemant (not so happy with the low stock of it at the europe warehouse).

• Martin PirringerMartin Pirringer Club Members Posts: 5

210 with a .8 nozzle volumetric max at 12 mm3/sec gives decent layer adhesion and a nice print 235 will give you great layer adhesion and quite some stringing. Don't exceed 1/2 the nozzle width in layer height if you want good layer adhesion but that holds true for pretty much any material

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file