Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Replacement Battery For Spektrum DX7s

Greg KisingerGreg Kisinger Club Members Posts: 1

It appears that HobbyKing has a Turnigy 4.0 4000 mAh 2S rechargeable pack that is a perfect replacement for my DX7s Tx, which has a 2000 mAh 4.8 NiMH battery pack. Two questions: 1) is it a correct assumption that the Turnigy pack won't harm the Tx and is chargeable via the Tx charging port? and 2) when will it be in stock?

Comments

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭

2s equates to 8.4v fully charged... Big jump from the 4.8nimh. Assume extra voltage = extra heat your TX has to rid itself of. Long term harm possible.
    Not chargeable via the port. It will be needing a LiPo charger for normal charging, and balancing sooner or later. And, if you forget to switch your tx off, goodbye lipo.
    As for stock... How long is a piece of string?

Now, if you can find a LiFePO4 pack to do the job, it would be far better as it has lower voltage and is a lot more tolerant of low voltage. Still needs a separate charger though.

• SeadaemonSeadaemon Club Members Posts: 3
    edited November 2018

Yes it will work. I put one in my DX7S . You have to go into the menu on the radio and select LiPo.

• Damien WilsonDamien Wilson Club Members Posts: 3

@Seadaemon said:
    Yes it will work. I put one in my DX7S . You have to go into the menu on the radio and select LiPo.

Hi where in menu do you change this ??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file