Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flashing LED on HobbyKing CAR-45A ESC

Bernie LofasoBernie Lofaso Club Members Posts: 3

I'm new to RC control and this is my first build. I'm trying to connect the TGY-IA6B receiver to the CAR-45A ESC which has a Surpass Hobby brushless sensorless motor (2838). I am running the system from a 3S LiPO battery. After charging the battery and connecting everything, when I turn on the power switch of the ESC, the red LED of the ESC flashes continuously and the unit beeps in time with the flashing LED. The LED of the receiver flashes slowly. I'm at a loss as to where to proceed. The manual of the ESC has no information regarding a continuous red LED flashing.

Comments

• Bernie LofasoBernie Lofaso Club Members Posts: 3

I'm new to RC control and this is my first build. I'm trying to connect the TGY-IA6B receiver to the CAR-45A ESC which has a Surpass Hobby brushless sensorless motor (2838). I am running the system from a 3S LiPO battery. After charging the battery and connecting everything, when I turn on the power switch of the ESC, the red LED of the ESC flashes continuously and the unit beeps in time with the flashing LED. The LED of the receiver flashes slowly. I'm at a loss as to where to proceed. The manual of the ESC has no information regarding a continuous red LED flashing.

• strongbow54strongbow54 Club Members Posts: 4

do you have the esc wire connected correctly to the receiver with the black wire of the plug to the outside of the receiver?

• Bernie LofasoBernie Lofaso Club Members Posts: 3

No, I had that connector in backwards. Correcting that (the black wire now on the same side as the label on the receiver) the LED of the receiver is no longer flashing, but the LED on the ESC is still flashing and beeping as before. I also forgot to mention (or didn't notice at the time) that the motor seems to me making small twitches back and forth even though it's not spinning. Could there be an ESC/motor incompatibility?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file