Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elevator servo stripped after maiden flight

ross crayfordross crayford Club Members Posts: 1
edited July 13 in Avios RC Planes

Hello all, I maidened my brand new Bush Mule today and on the second flight the thing crashed on take off causing quite a lot of damage, namely breaking a prop, the props chewing the canopy, starboard wing tip gone and nose damage. I don't think this is good enough that Avios supply fitted plastic geared servos and causing this to happen on the second flight. Anyone else had this happen just asking it's a pity that the plastic servos will not last and the hardest part is going to be getting the stripped one out to replace with metal gears. I'm now wondering if the aileron servos will go the same way.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hobbyking_IanHobbyking_Ian Club Members Posts: 117 mod

If you have a chat with our wonderful people in customer service they will send you the parts required to get you in the air again.

Ian

• Zenith LentZenith Lent Club Members Posts: 1

HI, I think you will find that most servos will have plastic gears. I have plastic geared servos in all of my 3D type planes of .70 size or smaller. Consider getting into the habit of checking all control surfaces by moving them before take off.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file