Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sponsorship

Hi,
I am mentoring a team of high school students competing in Robocup soccer. About a month ago they submitted a sponsorship request though your online sponsorship form. They put quite a lot of effort into writing the request and it is disappointing they haven't received a reply.

Below is a copy of their request, please take the time to read it. You don't have to sponsor them but it would be really nice(and appreciated) if you found the time to respond. Btw they have no sponsors. Atm they are planning to buy all their batteries from you.
Even a simple reply with a few words of encouragement would be appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew

Dear HobbyKing,

We are InfraReady Robotics and are composed of a group of high school students from the Kingborough area in Southern Tasmania, Australia. Our names are: Thomas, Lauren and Simon ranging from ages 13-15. We have participated in the Robocup junior soccer competition for 3 years, it is an international robotics competition where two teams of two autonomous robots compete to score the most goals. http://www.robocupjunior.org.au/soccer

We came first in Soccer(Open Division) in the state competition (of Tasmania) in 2016 and 2017 and then went onto coming third in the national competition (of Australia) in 2017. Each year we have improved our robots and rebuilt them.

So far this year, we are in the process of planning/designing our 2018 robots with the aim of them competing in the Australian national competition and the world competition in Sydney 2019.

We will be using a variety of new or improved techniques/parts such as:

· Changing from a 3-wheel omni directional drive to a 4 wheeled, to increase the robots power

· Make custom circuit boards to help wire management and make custom boards for tasks e.g. motor controllers

· Camera system, using a camera facing upwards into a curved mirror to track an orange ball and other soccer field landmarks

· Modelling the entire robot in CAD and machining the pieces for precision manufacture and easy assembly

· Using 8 light sensors instead of 1 and running them of a sub-processor

· Dribbler to allow the robot to hold the ball, this means it can move backwards with the ball

· Planning to switch to a Raspberry Pi which will result in us recoding our robots and provide greater image processing capabilities

We are trying our best to stretch our small budget to make our robots as competitive as possible, but it is hard to be competitive with teams in the national competition, some with a budget over 10 times as much as ours. We are looking for sponsorship to help us achieve our goals. Any sponsorship will be greatly appreciated, even a small discount on your products, as it will help us stretch our budget a little bit more. We would give exposure/acknowledgment of sponsorship on our website, YouTube and other social medias. We will show major sponsor’s names on our robots and provide progress updates.

Our Website: https://infrareadyrobotics.wixsite.com/home

Our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTakYqEHmJNmjK1bWmVU6tA

It would be great if you would consider sponsoring us.

Regards

Thomas Brown

(Team InfraReady)

Comments

• HobbyKing_SupportHobbyKing_Support HobbyKing Support Posts: 396 ✭✭

Sounds like a great group of kids and an interesting project!

Please use this link for sponsorship applications:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/Sponsorship

• Andrew BrownAndrew Brown Club Members Posts: 8

Hi,
    You have provided a link to the same form they submitted their application through and didn't get a response which I thought was disappointing after the work they put into the request.
    Should they submit it a second time? Will it be considered or should they not bother.
    Thanks
    Andrew

• HelperHelper Club Members Posts: 150 admin

@Andrew Brown. Just checking to see where your request went to. May take a few days to have an answer.

Thankyou helper, I can get the Team to resubmit it if that helps.
    If you require more details from them, ask I'll get them to reply asap.
    Cheers
    Andrew

Hi, Just wondering if you had any luck finding the application.
    Cheers
    Andrew

• HelperHelper Club Members Posts: 150 admin

@Andrew Brown. The only update I have is that the request is being processed.

Thanks helper, I'll let them know.

Just a follow up, that no response has been received.
    Which after months I personally find it a bit disappointing no acknowledgement of the application has been given. The team put quite a bit of work into it
    (days) and it's not a lot to expect a 30 second response of sorry not at this time. I'll tell them not to wait anymore and they'll be putting an order with you for batteries and other items they need shortly.
    Cheers
    Andrew

@Helper
    The team has just won the Australian national competition Robocup Junior Open Soccer and have qualified for the International competition in Sydney Australia next year. Imo, this is a case of missed opportunity on your part. Disappointing you never replied.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file