Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Connect Video Receiver to a video transmitter

I want to set up a video retransmitter so I can receive my FPV video on one channel and then rebroadcast this signal to my goggles so my goggles. Can I just take the Video 1 line from an RD-40 receiver and connect it to the input of a 5.8GHz transmitter such as the Turbowing TX200?

Comments

• LycanrocLycanroc Club Members Posts: 19

@Craig Walters said:
    I want to set up a video retransmitter so I can receive my FPV video on one channel and then rebroadcast this signal to my goggles so my goggles. Can I just take the Video 1 line from an RD-40 receiver and connect it to the input of a 5.8GHz transmitter such as the Turbowing TX200?

You need to check if both items have the same bandwidth. If they are compatible with each other, you only need to do is match the channels and you are good to go.

• SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭

I would only relink video to goggles providing top quality tx and rx equipment is used. You double your chances of signal interference/interruption not only directly to each signal stage but interruption to primary source can result in a longer period of interruption to the secondary signal. It all comes down to fail safe systems installed in aircraft to maintain stability during a period of visual signal loss - and how good your spotter's eyesight is. You do intend to use a spotter don't you?
    The system would be fine if the goggles you are relinking to are only intended for an interested party to "ride along" for the view but not for primary visual control.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file