Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions to improve the shopping experience

Steve KerrySteve Kerry Club Members Posts: 6

Just a few suggestions, people can add more as they need to.

• Most item descriptions include shipping weight, but not always item weight. If I'm shopping for indoor flying, the weight of each component is far more important to me than the postage cost.

• On the subject of postage, I am very reluctant to place an order with the China warehouse due to the way postage costs are calculated. I can put in an order for a small brushless motor, Rx, ESC and several servos, that weighs less than 25 grams - but I have to pay the same postage costs as another box weighing 30kg. I know it makes postage a lot easier, but charging everyone the highest rate doesn't encourage sales. How about breaking it up into 1kg, 8kg, and 30kg?

Comments

• Steve KerrySteve Kerry Club Members Posts: 6

One more thing. With all these sales, can you tell us how long the sale prices will last? Otherwise it's hard to plan what goodies to purchase first.

• Eleanor LangleyEleanor Langley Club Members Posts: 3 admin

Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are already working to improve product weights on the website and will also look at the way postage costs are calculated.

The sale will be wrapping up next week so don't miss out! We usually send out emails indicating the final days of the sale, so make sure you are signed up for this newsletter.

If you have any more website concerns, it is best to speak directly to our customer service team.

• MarkInMandurahWAMarkInMandurahWA Club Members Posts: 3

delete the current web software
    upgrade the server
    start again, but first shoot the previous web designer's in front of the new ones.
    😜

• Del-DreddDel-Dredd Club Members Posts: 18
    edited August 1

Here Here, the Website is now useless compared to the previous versions.
    No wonder sales have gone down and only USA or China warehouses get listed, what happened to UK and Europe listings, waste of time from USA/China as postage is more than items sent for.

• specv510specv510 Club Members Posts: 3

The new website is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow! It's irritatingly slow. Not user friendly either. Very sad. I used to order so much from hobbyking.com, but now I don't want to deal with the new site. Some issues: I can't move things to my wishlist from the cart. We need more pictures of items, not just 5 of the same pic and 1 that shows how many points I'll earn. Need more product description. I'm sure you get a lot of business from people in the U.S., but you often don't include dimensions in inches. I know metric is better, but we're not adopting it ever. When I'm looking at a ESC, maybe list all motors that will work with it or vice versa. I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of it right now.

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,648 ✭✭✭

Slow site... Yes. It is dire. Pictures - agreed. Not very good. Inches... Yes and no as I am British and can work with both, and the US is backward in that respect. I mean who still adheres vehemently to the likes of 2' 2" and 11/64ths etc. in this modern time!?? ( :p hahahaha!!).

As for having ESC's list what motors they are capable of running? Now that is funny!!! Not a cat in hell's chance of that, as there are potentially thousands of combinations of motors, batteries...

• butchcunningham6butchcunningham6 Club Members Posts: 7

Why don't you go back to the old webb page where you could expand the page to see the prices and descriptions of what you want, go back to the old webb site and listen to the people . Sincerely Mr. Magoo .

• butchcunningham6butchcunningham6 Club Members Posts: 7

Well hobby king are you going to answer my question [webb page expandable] or not?

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,648 ✭✭✭

Not.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file