Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Availability of spare parts?

Mr.NiceMr.Nice Club Members Posts: 19

What is the deal with spare parts for HobbyKing planes? I have Bix 3 and just purchased a H-King Cessna Skylane 965mm. I have managed to get spare wings and tail to my Bix 3, but what I would really need is a new fuselage. I have not seen one in EU warehouse in over two years of searching! There have been some in the international warehouse for ~$25+$40 shipping + 25% VAT! It would be almost cheaper to buy Bix 3 ARF kit. For the Cessna I can't find any spare parts. Are there going to be any available?

Also, to mention. It would be great if you could change your delivery process so that the orders are printed just before packaging to allow changing the order to the last minute. Now if I order, the order gets printed in about day or two, so no more changes to the order, but it takes 4-6 days to ship the order after it is printed. You are losing sales here. Many times after I have placed an order, I have found something interesting, but my order has already been printed, even though it won't be packaged/shipped in several days, so I would have to pay another shipping charge to get the item. Usually in this case I won't buy the item, because the shipping costs for single item are too high, so you lose a sale. It also is easier to slip them trough the Treasury apartment (wives) scrutinizing, when there are several small purchases, rather than one huge one.

Tagged:

Answers

• Lundy_Lundy_ Club Members Posts: 1

Spare parts have always bin a problem with HobbyKing .From the moment there is a new Model,plane or whatever on the site you make a big chance you find the parts you need in the local Hobbyking store.
    After 3/4 months or so the parts dry out, and are, when you are lucky ,still available in the HK warehouse, with excessive shipping cost.
    I am most of the time buy the Plane I want ,and buy a Kit version of the same plane for spare parts.
    However this is resulting in a massif amount of half left over skeleton planes parts ,that end up in my Hobby sanctuary, clogging up the limited space I have left .
    So one's a year I start selecting the parts and plans that have encountered the destructive force of gravity ,and intend the flea fair from my local flying club and "sell" ( more give away for almost or completely free) these leftovers to club friends that think they can use them.
    With the rest I have a fire of madness in my backyard, burning all the redundant foam parts, from planes that med gravity and are damaged beyond repair, to cannibalized Kit boxes.
    Ok it's not a very environmental friendly way to get rid of it ,but the recycling park don't accept foam . In the end it's the only way to ensure than you have spare parts from Hobbyking when you need them.

This is my way ,don't know how others are solving this, It's sure is a problem .

• the right stuffthe right stuff Club Members Posts: 2

I need a tail for the Super kinetic, but i cant even find it on the website, let alone availability. When will these very delicate parts be available?

• Martin KingMartin King Club Members Posts: 2

I recently crashed my Cessna 182 Skylane 965mm and broke the tail and horizontal stablizers. HK don't make the spares, am now left with a pile of junk unless someone can suggest a replacement?

• yfl211yfl211 BelgiumClub Members Posts: 234 ✭✭
    edited July 25

Mr. Nice, Lundy, I'm with you people. Let's put pressure on the Hobby King, so that eventually they will collapse and give us what we want. There, Hobby King, take that !

• Mr.NiceMr.Nice Club Members Posts: 19

@Martin King said:
    I recently crashed my Cessna 182 Skylane 965mm and broke the tail and horizontal stablizers. HK don't make the spares, am now left with a pile of junk unless someone can suggest a replacement?

I feel your pain. I have the same plane and it's just a trophy plane for now, because I dare not to fly it, because there is no spares available. This is sad and waste of my money.

• SparrowSparrow Club Members Posts: 38 ✭✭

Whenever I buy a new model from HK (or anywhere else) I stock up on what I think will be the main spares I may need. At least one pair U/C always, special props (multiple), control horn packs, flimsy plastic detail scale parts etc. It is the only way to keep them flying long term. It is a double edged sword, HK produce lots of new models but obviously then not economic to stock all parts for long period or; they can produce fewer models and keep more spares in stock. Which do I prefer? Lots of new models please, I get bored with the old ones after a while anyway. Heresy? maybe, but more fun.

• Go With the FlowGo With the Flow Club Members Posts: 5

No folding propellor spinner sets for Volantex Phoenic 1600, 2000, 2000 V2, ASW 28 V2. They are interchangeable, so why can't we get spares???

• George McLauchlanGeorge McLauchlan Club Members Posts: 1

@Martin King said:

Top Gun Park Flite Class 400 Cessna is the Hobbyking Cessna's twin. It uses all the same parts and they are available from CML distribution. You will get the same part but it won't have the same paint job. They also sell the rather weak motor mount which I found breaks even with a slightly heavy landing. Stock up with the bits you need and fly again.

• hotdrone16hotdrone16 Club Members Posts: 16

Try buying a prop adapter for the Tundra, less than $4, but never in stock. Best not to buy a Tundra.

******* sell the Volantex prop and spinner, for the phoenix 1600 2000 and the asw 28 they are dearer than HK, but they do have them in stock. Free shipping, will take about 8 to 10 days for delivery. About $8.

Sorry fellow modellers i tried to help you with info as to where to buy prop and spinner for Volantax planes ,but the name is being blocked, Starts with B ends with G.

My mistake ends with D.

Thank you all for great tips! Maybe now I dare finally fly my Cessna.
    I have contacted HobbyKing support with these issues. I got very nice and polite answer, but little to no hope that the situation will get any better. I understand that the decisions about warehouse stocks are beyond the nice people in the customer service. They promised to forward my issues further up the corporate chain, but sadly I have very little hope things will change in near future. It's sad and stupid as HobbyKing is losing sales to its competitors just because they don't bother to stock their warehouses with spare parts. This will become even more crucial in near future when EU will start to collect VAT from all shipments from outside of EU. High shipping costs and VAT will make it no more affordable to buy from warehouse in China, as is the case already with bigger parts and shipments. I.e. Bixler 3 fuselage will cost me over €50 with shipping and VAT from China and I can get a Bixler 1.1 kit for less from EU warehouse. This is just stupid.

From now on I am going to be very careful if I am going to buy any new products from HobbyKing as there is no certainty, that there will be any spares available in the future. The time and effort I have to spend finding alternative sources for spares, just to keep using my RC stuff, is not worth it. This is sad as I am forced to this decision by HobbyKings own actions. I wish it would not be so. I hope other people who are in the same situation, would voice (Politely, no reason to harass anyone, specially the nice people in the customer service who do their best to help us and are powerless in these decisions.) their despair and maybe HobbyKing would wake up and fix this situation.

Hobbyking shipping robbers strike again!

Did I buy? Hell no! Would you?

My favorite on is problay the on when I add single 54g part and the shipping goes up like €15. Nice!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file