Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

which battery should i use?

sarfuzzman fardinsarfuzzman fardin Club Members Posts: 1

Hello guys. I am new to rc hobby. I am building my first quadcopter to shoot photo with go pro. But i am confused about C-rating on battery. I am using 980kv motor with 30amp esc. I wanna use a 3s 4000mah battery. which C rating i need ? 10C ? 20C? 30C? 40C? or 70C?please reply with battery link. Thanks

Comments

• Gary49Gary49 Club Members Posts: 36 mod

You are not drawing a lot of amps so even a 10C would be sufficient but you can use a higher C rating if you wish.

• tagora 35tagora 35 france dept 35Club Members Posts: 109 ✭✭

hello more you have less battery c get tired after it should not go to the extreme either because usually more c = more weight and more expensive
    (google translate )

• ArdyyArdyy Club Members Posts: 19 ✭✭

C rating relates to the discharging power of lipo to the ESC and motor. Usually, low C rating lipos are fine for slow-flying vehicles, multirotors, or general flying/running. High C rating lipos are used for high-performance vehicles of all types. You'll also need to check if the battery is enough for the motor/ESC. Battery's amps > ESC > motor. To get the battery amps, multiply capacity to C rating.

Cheers.

• Lewis DownsLewis Downs Club Members Posts: 1

what would be the best battery for a turnigy trackstar 80a v2 waterproof esc with a 3520kv motor

• tony henrikssontony henriksson Club Members Posts: 1

what rechargable battery/lead/connector can i buy for gt5 transmitter

• ccosta56ccosta56 Club Members Posts: 1

I am worried about buying Graphene batteries currently being offered by HK. Most are ONLY 10c or 15c rated. Should I wait till 30 or 40c ratings are available for general flying planes or even perhaps Edge 540 and Extra 300 or even Katana style planes?

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,182 ✭✭✭

What sort of amps are they drawing? Good as graphenes are, they are not the be all and end all. There are plenty other options ...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file