Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rattler

Gonzalo MartinezGonzalo Martinez Club Members Posts: 10

Nick, they tell me in the US that there is no stock, if so, I do not think I will trust in hobbyking again. I will buy another quality car and forget about experiments.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Nick_HKNick_HK Club Members Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi Gonzalo, apologies for the delay but this re-release sold out way faster than expected, there is stock on the way to the US, it should be there by the end of March and there is more stock coming behind that.

• Gonzalo MartinezGonzalo Martinez Club Members Posts: 10

Buenas noches Nick, gracias por las piezas. Quería comentarte la posibilidad de fabricar repuestos en aluminio para nuestro gran coche, sería posible!, Existen piezas en el mercado que nos puedan servir?.
    Otra cosa, pierdo el control del coche cuando se aleja unos 100 metros, las pilas cargadas, a que puede ser debido.

Muchas gracias.

@Gonzalo Martinez said:
    Buenas noches Nick, gracias por las piezas. Quería comentarte la posibilidad de fabricar repuestos en aluminio para nuestro gran coche, sería posible!, Existen piezas en el mercado que nos puedan servir?.
    Otra cosa, pierdo el control del coche cuando se aleja unos 100 metros, las pilas cargadas, a que puede ser debido.

Muchas gracias.

• Nick_HKNick_HK Club Members Posts: 89 ✭✭

Estamos buscando piezas de aluminio para este automóvil, pero el fabricante no tiene piezas estándar en este momento.

• Jason HolbrookJason Holbrook Club Members Posts: 1

I'm pretty new to RC Cars. Just got the rattler for my son. Didn't realize it did not come with a lipo and am confused what size and which one to buy. I'd rather not solder wires if I don't have to. I already have a balanced charger. and can handle 2S or 3S on it.

• Lance GiffinLance Giffin Club Members Posts: 1

The Rattler seems to have some rear differential problems. Bevel gear engages only 65=75% and metal is too soft. Neighbor replaced his once and it failed again. Mine is close to failing. Do you have a plan for a permanent fix?

• Mustang SallyMustang Sally Club Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I got this Rattler for my sons 10th birthday. After unpacking I initially found it not too bad for the price. It was quickly put together with 2S Zippy hardcase pack and off we went in the street. Before the first battery was empty the front differential was lost. After I opened it, I found one of the 20T bevel gear split in half...
    I disconnected the front shaft so at least my son could enjoy a little more of his new toy although at lower speed.
    After 5 minutes the rear diff gave up too and same 20T bevel gear was split.
    This is really poor material for such a gear, I wonder how people keep this thing going on 3S without killing these gears!
    On top, no spares are available...
    I would like to change the gears out for a different similar item but better quality, anyone with some ideas? Or even a complete diff change with something else that would fit.

• Anthony ReidAnthony Reid Club Members Posts: 1

The Rattler is a brilliant car. All I modified on the car was to place a couple of Urethane damper bushings at the ends of the dogbones to reduce movement. No dramas. Run it on 3cell lipo. Absolute beast. Put oil in shocks. Rippa. HobbyKing is great value and their support is second to none.

Buenas noches Nick, Necesito la pieza que sujeta el motor, por favor, sabes cuando estará disponible?, o en todo caso si pudiera utilizar otra de otro modelo.
    9596000032-0
    Gracias de antemano.

• Jym73Jym73 BretagneClub Members Posts: 153 ✭✭

The hobbyking rattler can't handle 3s battery for a long time. You will break lot of parts on the drive train. I spent many time to improve this cars with SST and kyosho parts. You can find more info on the rcgroups forum thread. Would i advise to buy this car? No, excepted if you want to spend time to improve it and wait for spares to be back in stock.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file