Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hobbyking Website Translation

Max_HKMax_HK Club Members Posts: 2
edited February 2018 in General Questions

Hello,

I'm an old customer from Spain. Almost all my hobby orders I make are from HK, mainly the European Warehouse.
But what I really can't understand is the disrespect for my language, second most spoken in the world.

As you can see in the picture I highlight a particular one translation because is ridiculous:
The translation of "Fun & Cool Stuff" is aprox "Cosas Divertidas y Guays".
In no case is "La materia de la diversión y el frío", what really means, more or less, "Fun & cold matter".
There are tons of this.

Anyway, what is really annoying is to select "english" everytime I visit the web. At least english should be the default language, instead a bad translated one.
Please, double check the translations or make english default language.

Comments

• rolicrolic Club Members Posts: 1

Yes!

Now we see a new version of the site, but everything is still very bad. As I understand, the choice of language is made by GeoIP. Translation of the site is horrible and disgusting, apparently by automatic translator It's better in most case to use English version. But switching language to English is saved until the next enter, and after this language again set by GeoIP.

It would be very good to make it possible to preserve the chosen language (and currency too), as it was on the old simple and convenient site many years ago.

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭

It could be done like the old site - IF the responsible person doing the website knew how!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file