Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hello: Can I use any transmitter with my helicopter?

I dropped the transmitter of my non name brand helicopter and it, the transmitter, quit working....I re soldered every connection on the circuit board and there are no cracks in the board nor any unsoldered wires. Will any 2.4 ghz transmitter work? Thanks.
-Bill B.

Best Answer

Answers

• William BertossiWilliam Bertossi Club Members Posts: 2

Gary 49:
    Thanks for the reply to my question. I cannot figure out how any of the components whether they are IC's or transistors could be rendered useless by a 2 foot fall to the floor...They're sealed in epoxy...Maybe the surface mount diodes could be affected. Anyway I paid over $150 for the helicopter and it always flew perfectly, even after several hard landings. I'm an old retired guy with not a lot of extra money so I was hoping if I bought a cheap transmitter I could get this thing flying again.
    -Bill B.

• SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,107 ✭✭✭

This problem has arisen previously and was dealt with under the old forum over and over but most of the old threads have not been unlocked. Check on Rcgroups or openrcforum and you might find a solution there. I recall that a lot of the no-name hellis that came ready to fly out of the box use one of the many variances of the DSM/DSMX protocols. Orange brand, sold by HobbyKing cater for a lot of those variants and are low cost and reliable.

• WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭
    edited January 17

What heli is it? That info will get the answer to you. Any numbers on heli or TX will help.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file