Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neutron 80W "CONNECTION BREAK"

fastdavefastdave Club Members Posts: 3
I am trying to charge my new Graphene 1000mAh 2s battery with a new Neutron 80W charger. First, (even though I have removed the protective plastic from the touch screen) it is very difficult to get a response from the charger's touch screen and second, as soon as I try to charge my LiPO battery, I get CONNECTION BREAK. I have the battery and balance cable connected (although I have tried each separately as well) and I have checked the connections. The battery worked as delivered.

The charger is fed with a 13.8V 12A source.

Comments

• fastdavefastdave Club Members Posts: 3
    I have tried it all the way down to 0.1A but it makes no difference.
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭
    Faulty charger. RMA it.
  • Gary49Gary49 Club Members Posts: 35 mod

Have you checked your charging cable for continuity, the cable that goes from the charger to the main battery connector, could be there is a fault here.

• SootySooty Christchurch NZClub Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭

I know this is an old post but people will look here for a possible solution to "connection break" message which happens at some time on most chargers. Many chargers require the use of a balance connection regardless as to whether a "Balance Charge" is actually being carried out. Failure to use one when required can result in the error being returned.

I have found that the number one suspect is a faulty balance cable - particularly the 10cm - 15cm extension cables. For some reason the pins do not always make a good connection. Dirt or wear perhaps?

Number two suspect is the connection between the main battery connector and the charging harness. If it feels too easy to push together it may not be making good contact. XT60/90 connectors should be a fairly tight fit - if not spread the pins a little on the male side. Deans T connectors, particularly cheap knockoffs can be a constant source of open circuit problems.

Third suspect is a film of dirt or oil on the connectors.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file