Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need advice for aerial photography

Mostly BrokenMostly Broken Club Members Posts: 1
I'm working on learning the ropes for drone photography. I'm a home inspector and would like to be able to get roof photos on tall or steep roofs. I think a drone is the best way to do it as well as the coolest. Great way to combine hobby and work. I don't want to go crazy with the budget. I need it to be pretty reliable in a breeze so I can still work on slightly windy days, I need to see what is going on from the radio and snap still photos. I'm thinking along the lines of a hex or octo for stability and payload. I'm not afraid of building it myself but I'm also cool with a rtf or plug and play options.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• swervynswervyn Club Members Posts: 1,313
    Help? What help? you havent asked any questions lol, just told everyone what you want to do
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭
    Cart before the horse scenario anyway ...

As soon as you used the word 'work' you will be wanting to read THIS
  • __Evan__Evan Club Members Posts: 1,122
    To extend what WTWUK has said: if you go out and spend a lot of money on a heavy-lift FPV quadrotor, and fit it with a really nice camera, then within the next hour you are likely to have a less-nice crashed heavy-lift FPV quadrotor with an uniquely destroyed camera.

I strongly recommend buying a cheap kit-style quadrotor for now. Build it, fly it, crash it, and just have fun. Once you can consistently fly it in reasonably strong winds, around buildings (where the wind can be a bit tricky), until the battery runs out without crashing, then think about spending money on something that you can use for work. By this time you'll also have a much better idea of what you're looking for, and you'll also have a spare quadrotor that you can use for fun flying (big heavy-lift quadrotors are not fun to fly).
  • WTWUKWTWUK CornwallClub Members Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭
    +1. I have built a couple for a film production company and they are lumbering great big things for sure. I did crash one on test, thankfully without it's intended camera, and that set me back in excess of £130 for some relatively minor parts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file