Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corona DS-319HV Digital Metal Gear Servo

bushybushy AustriaClub Members Posts: 232
Hi ,

I´m sure I´m not the first to ask this Ive bought two HV(instaed of MG) servos and now I see they are for 7,2 v can I still use them on a normal 5,5 v set up ? do they then draw more amps ? run sligthyl slower ? dangerous I really dont want to throw them away , all comments would be welcome thanks PB

Comments

• SawdustSawdust Club Members Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭
    Look at the specs for those particular servos. They should tell you a voltage range. I'm betting they would work fine on 5,5 volts but they will be slightly slower and lower torque.

BTW: They are metal geared. They are also digital so probably use a bit more current too.
  • bushybushy AustriaClub Members Posts: 232
    Thanks for that ,

Just as I thought I´m useing them in a large glider ASW 19 3,5 meter spw 4 kilo they dont have to be lightnng quick so I´ll give them a go, the only on site info is DS-319HV Digital Metal Gear Servo 7,2 v

regards

PB
    I had a look myself and at least one person mentioned them not being happy with around 5 volts and they don't mention any range, just the 7.2 volts. They are very fast (much faster than you're ever going to want in a glider, digital and fairly high torque, that all adds up to probably pretty high current demand too, they might be better saved for something more appropriate to their abilities maybe.
    Thanks once a again I should have given you the whole story ...its long but here goes I bought a second hand ASW 19 in good condition eherm at first.. ok had a crash fuselage broken etc and both wings etc after fibre glassing the fuselage went on to the wings ,checked the servos one was broken 5.5 and the other HV and Ive ordered the wrong one silly me as far as the voltage draw is concerned i`m not tooo worried 5s 4,000 would they cook my receiver after time ? Ive already, and I assume the previous owner flown many times ...with this unusual set-up I think maybe the previous owner didnt know ? funny old world PB       
    "5s 4,000" directly connected would fry your receiver immediately. The receiver and through it the servos would be being powered by either a built into the speed controller voltage regulator or a separate one bringing it down to somewhere way lower than straight from a 5S battery. That's the device you need to make sure can deliver enough current. I did a quick google and in the first 2 pages all I could find of an "ASW 19" were all full size, except for 1 ARF of 2 metres and a bits and pieces kit of 3 metres, so I'm can't be too sure about anything about it. I have no idea whether it has flaps or anything. That's a pretty fair sized battery so I'm guessing it's bigger than the 2 metre one I saw, just don't know though. The only thing I'm worrying about other than the other stuff is, if it's for an aileron did you order a pair? You really want the same servo on each side. For a glider, a speed of 0.05 is far faster than you need, or is desirable in any way I can think of for a gentle flying glider. I still think you might be best just putting this or these ones aside for something more appropriate and ordering something else for this project.
    Ja , I`m sorry for any confusion its an eletric glider it was however originally a motorless glider and the previous owner cut the nose off and mounted a motor and converted it to electic with an 80 amper regler with a built in ubec 5.5v with a turnigy motor for a 5s lippo so no worries there as I said its been in the air many times , thanks for all your time , I´ll go on the safe side and buy two new servos ....so Ive now got one corona second hand HV and another new to sell ..any offers   

• unleadedunleaded newcastle nswClub Members Posts: 447 ✭✭
    ALL my corona servo the mounting flanges break OFF I have used them in both IC and lecky models and had them all fail dont buy anymore use Bluebird much stronger
    I've had good luck with the Bluebird servos I've used in the past and they cover a very wide range of specs at fairly reasonable prices. Trouble is, every time I think I've found the perfect one for a particular job and start reading up on it there always seems to be a few too many horror stories to make me feel confident in trusting anything expensive to them. They're probable bloody good servos for the money and I'm making the mistake of reading too much about them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file